Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 03-01-2014, 15:04   #1
thejoker

Default CSV puppies

Good afternoon everyone.

This is my first post on here so please be gentle!

My name is Matt and I live in a lovely rural area of England right bang in the midlands. There is myself and my partner, and our two fantastic husky dogs, Keffie and Keeki. Keffie is a wolf grey and white, blue eyed boy who's fairly large and bulky and is a fantastic puller. Keeki is a sable and white, brown eyed girl, who's very leggy and slender and a really capable runner.

My interest in sled dogs has grown into an interest in breeds further afield and after talking to a friend (who's a keen racer with an amazing pack of dogs, one of which is a CSV) I've developed an interest in the CSV. He's advised me that breeders here in England and maybe not to be trusted and also that the CSV is not a recognised breed by the English KC. He has therefore advised me to try and look into options in buying a puppy from abroad, and one which would be FCI registered.

As a starter, can anyone offer me any advice into any reputable breeders who would be worthwhile contacting to get some feedback and advice into the breed and also to get some information into purchasing from abroad and importing? There may well be someone on here who could even cover all these things as well who would like to reply? If so please feel free to reply here or by PM.

Thanks all for reading!
thejoker jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 17:25   #2
Shadowlands

I sent you a PM earlier - did you get it?
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 00:40   #3
thejoker

Hi,

No I haven't received it. I have received a PM from someone else posting a link, but I don't think that was you?
Old 05-01-2014, 06:13   #4
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

there seems to be quite a few breeders desperate to sell puppies, breaking forum rules on posting advertisements (i deleted an earlier posted ad) and PM spamming anyone who's looking - i'm not referring to Shadowlands' post. careful!

Last edited by yukidomari; 05-01-2014 at 06:22.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:15   #5
Shadowlands

My PM was long and rambling lol. It did include a couple of links - one to the website of a group of people attempting to gain KC recognition for the breed and one to the FB mirror of same. You should be able to see the forum name of whoever sends you PMs.

I tried to find out if it had sent OK, but couldn't find anything. Admins/mods - is there any way I can see my sent messages?

I will attempt to send it again (or something similar) but this is the link to the website in case it doesn't work (I am having some PC issues atm...)

www.vlciak.org.uk

If you send an email there, it will be replied to.

Mods - hope it is OK to openly post a link to this website
Old 05-01-2014, 15:53   #6
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoker View Post
As a starter, can anyone offer me any advice into any reputable breeders who would be worthwhile contacting to get some feedback and advice into the breed and also to get some information into purchasing from abroad and importing?
Check the list of planned litters: http://www.wolfdog.org/dbase/litters
After they removed all suspicious litters (there are many dogs which are or can be Saarloos, AWD crosses or just commont mutts with FCI pappers) and the puppy producers ("sell and forget" breeders) - the list is quite reasonable...
There are really many VERY good, purebreed litters on this list....

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 18:07   #7
Shadowlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Peronówki View Post
Check the list of planned litters: http://www.wolfdog.org/dbase/litters
After they removed all suspicious litters (there are many dogs which are or can be Saarloos, AWD crosses or just commont mutts with FCI pappers) and the puppy producers ("sell and forget" breeders) - the list is quite reasonable...
There are really many VERY good, purebreed litters on this list....
At times like these, I wish there was a 'like' button on here This was one of the recommendations I made in my PM...
Old 05-01-2014, 20:36   #8
thejoker

The message I got was from wolfwoman-stefanie??

I still haven't received yours Shadowlands

Thank you for the links you've provided.....I'll make a start on looking at emailing whomever I can.

Any more information you guys can provide would be gratefully appreciated of course.

Matt
Old 07-01-2014, 14:19   #9
Shadowlands

I have hopefully sent you another PM just now. Also just spotted how to save messages to my sent folder - sorry admin, I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes - so if it doesn't get through I can send it again easily...

Hope it doesn't send you to sleep
Old 08-01-2014, 00:54   #10
thejoker

Thank you very much Shadowlands! A very good read

Don't worry it didn't send me to sleep! I will, however, re-read it to ensure that I have understood everything.

I have received a few PM's from various folk offering me advice on the puppies and where to start. A few I'm not so sure are legitimate, but most some nice enough.

I'll update once I've read and understood everything to make a start on collating some information I think