Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Health and nutrition

Health and nutrition How to feed a Wolfdog, information about dog food, how to vaccinate and what to do if the dog gets ill....

Old 06-10-2007, 17:46   #1
elf

Default Urinate frequency

I observed recently that my dog urinates only twice per 24h (NB: she can go outside when she wants), is it a regular behaviour or seems too rarely ?

Anthony
elf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 18:06   #2
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

It seems to me that she does not drink enough.... Is the urin yellow? Than she drinks not enough and have it to long inside herself, what can cause some illness to her maybe.

Christian
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 18:54   #3
elf

Today it's the first day of her heat (1st heat, she's 14 months), could it be an explanation ? I didn't noticed this low urinate rate before, I'm almost sure it was more ... what should be a normal rate ? Also it's true that she doesn't drink a lot lately. Should I force her to drink more ?

Anthony
Old 27-10-2007, 21:09   #4
elf

In fact she almost did not drink the first two, three days of her heat, and then she did drink back as normal. I didn't know this behavior.

Anthony
Old 29-10-2007, 20:53   #5
Angelika

Default Urinate frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
I observed recently that my dog urinates only twice per 24h (NB: she can go outside when she wants), is it a regular behaviour or seems too rarely ?

Anthony
Hi Anthony,

I really don´t know exactly how much my CSW are drinking. They are fed with raw (and cooked) meat, those dogs do not need so much water. Dogs who get compound feeds should drink very much.

Since Danja (my female CSW) was about 12 or 13 months old she really hates to pee on her own land. I think she would rather burst. - Her breeder told me Danjas mother has the same habit.

Perhaps Voltcha has this "problem" too.

regards,
Angelika
Angelika jest offline   Reply With Quote