Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Health and nutrition

Health and nutrition How to feed a Wolfdog, information about dog food, how to vaccinate and what to do if the dog gets ill....

Old 20-07-2004, 18:47   #1
standsalone

Default Concerned...health of Jola

I am concerned over the health of this wolfdog - Jola z Krotkovskeho Dvora, pictured on this kennels website http://perso.club-internet.fr/windhk/czechwd.html

In this photo http://perso.club-internet.fr/windhk/jola.html

She is severely emanciated.

I am a Native American Indian, so my culture is simply different, but I do not believe any animal should be treated in this manner, especially a wolfdog. I wonder if the kennel owners would trade places with their wolfdogs...

Respect is a two way street.

Jilihlas Nolka Zakad Negwijiwi
'Wounded Deer Stands Alone'
standsalone jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 20:40   #2
Wolfsirius

Hello, I am Suski, from Finland, breeder of Ceskoslovensky & Saarloos. You are right. Absolutelly right. I am also very concerned, not only picture you mentioned, but lot more. I glance through different kennels, and saw very much defects. Something has to do. Why does people don't see clearly? On the other hand is good, that pictures are able to see at www- pages, maybe you can remark breeders/owners about this, but on the other hand, what can you really do?

Look at other dogs on this kennel, (at wolfdog.org page) they look very good condition.

Any dog deserve bad life, but wolfdog? -never.

As you mentioned that you're Native American, i have to say, that I am very interested culture of Indians, can you contact me privately? [email protected]

-Suski
Wolfsirius jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 23:20   #3
mijke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsirius
Any dog deserve bad life, but wolfdog? -never.
?????? oops.. I hope you did not mention what you wrote!

In my opinion not any animal deserves a bad live, and especial not the ones who are kept as a pet by human!!!!!

greetings,
Mijke

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2004, 06:14   #4
Wolfsirius

Ok, i guess, you understund, what i ment. Of course not any animal, i just wrote about dogs.

-Suski
Wolfsirius jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 00:44   #5
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki
Default Re: Concerned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by standsalone
I am a Native American Indian, so my culture is simply different, but I do not believe any animal should be treated in this manner, especially a wolfdog. I wonder if the kennel owners would trade places with their wolfdogs...
I understand what you mean - I will also agree that Jola looks there not so great - another photo would be much better (but it is very old page which is not updated since some years).
But I also know dogs which live in this kennel personaly. You can see in the gallery photos which I made - also some photos of Jola. None of the dogs was hungry, ill and bad treated...

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 02:11   #6
standsalone

Thank you for the reply Margo, you all would know better what is going on now at this kennel than I would. I only wished to point out the health of Jola did not look good in this picture and it caused me concern enough to say something.

If she is looking better now then that is good news.

Stands Alone
Old 23-07-2004, 16:55   #7
Philippe

Send a message via ICQ to Philippe
Default Re: Concerned...

Quote:
I am concerned over the health of this wolfdog - Jola z Krotkovskeho Dvora, pictured on this kennels website http://perso.club-internet.fr/windhk/czechwd.html

In this photo http://perso.club-internet.fr/windhk/jola.html

She is severely emanciated.

Jilihlas Nolka Zakad Negwijiwi
'Wounded Deer Stands Alone'
Hi, standsalone, hi, all,

My first comment to this message is you could have send it me, I'm register in the wolfdog database as a french man able to read and speak english... and answer any question!

Now let me give some comments:

- on the second picture you mention, Jola was still with her puppies, in a park outside of the house, and I discovered that she regurgitate food for them every day... Then I separate them and everything become to normal again...

- first picture you mention have been taken after a storm, and a part of the park is not covered... In another hand, I'm not able to force a dog to go inside a niche with such a weather... I have some siberians which prefer sleeping under rain (!) or snow, despite the free place inside! And it was the first time I had a camera when those dogs are kissing each other!

- Jola is enable to make fat by nature! She have a nervous background, and like some people, and don't enlarge even if you increase the amount of food... And she have no worm, she receive a vermifuge twice every six months...

Here are some comments I can do about your interrogation. Feel free to make any other one, I will answer them.

Best regards

Philippe

PS : in order to prevent any comment about Anubis, Velvet, Volta, Vidya, Etna and Eliska look, they receive a large mount of PROPLAN Puppy Large Breed food, which is know to use fat for growth and will receive such food until 2 years and a half!
Philippe jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 17:37   #8
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Thank you for the reply Margo, you all would know better what is going on now at this kennel than I would. I only wished to point out the health of Jola did not look good in this picture and it caused me concern enough to say something.
I think it was really OK. I also think we should talk openly if we think some dogs are kept in wrong conditions. And not hide it.

This case is different - anyway it is so in my opinion. But there are really kennels where the wolfdogs are kept like chickens: in small cages almost without contact with people or other dogs.

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 20:55   #9
standsalone

Greetings Philippe,

I understand that some dams can lose condition with a litter, however if she is still seriously thin, you might want to have her checked for thyroid or other problems that might effect her life span. If you believe it is just nervousness, maybe you should think about the cause of that...

I know mushers keep their dogs chained outside and this seems to work for them, but wolfdogs are not huskys, they are extremely sensitive to their environment, they are pack orientated and need constant physical contact.

I would not tell you what you should do with your animals, and you may think of them as property to do with as you please, but I am not afraid to speak up and give my opinion.

I do not believe that my life is any more important than my animals. I give them love and respect and in return I get love and respect. I would trade places with them any time, they have a much easier life than I do.. However, if I had to be confined with a chain around my neck for the majority of my life...I can tell you it would effect my personality, my temperment, my willingness to love, and I would have no respect for anything...or anyone...and might be a little prone to nervousness...just a thought, something you might want to ponder....

It is not my intention to offend you with my opinion, merely to offer it as another life view of someone across the world. It is just my opinion, and I am neither right nor wrong, I am just me, and you are you. I will say no more.

Be well.

Respectfully,

Stands Alone