Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Health and nutrition

Health and nutrition How to feed a Wolfdog, information about dog food, how to vaccinate and what to do if the dog gets ill....

Old 29-07-2005, 21:36   #21
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

In Brazil alone HDs A,B and C is accepted, above of this the dog cannot be used in the reproduction.

but nor all the breeders follow these rules, is not obligator the breeders to make the tests, will only be for entering in some club specifies of the race.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 18:13   #22
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn
@ nebulosa: HDB is classified as normal hip within the genetic range in Germany. It shows a slightly divergence in the joint but a normal Norberg degree or a slightly lower Norberg degree with a close joint. It is of genetic interest but no HD, it is called suspicios for HD. In brees with small genetic range you can´t only use A dogs. But it is always difficult internationally seen because the judgement differs a bit in some countries. Koro Krotkovskeho dvora for example had a judgment of A in Slovakia but a C1 in Germany. But this is 8 years ago and as far as I can see Slowakia got much stricter. But in some countries you are allowed to x-ray your dog befor it is fully grown or to breed without any x-rays or the Norberg degree isn´t meassured so you can´t allways compare the results between countries.

Ina
Yes, because of these differences, not only by countries, but too by clinics, I put B as already displasic, isn't rare dogs B when make the X-rays in with one more rigorous clinic receive C or D, too as A receive B, these in official HD result.
I think futurelly the "Pennhip" can change it.
Unhapply is really impossible make one rigorous selection ( only A) with breeds that have few lines ( new breeds) , too is very dificult make it in more old and "popular"(with much lines) breed, and have the extreme cases ( pratically extinct breeds) when you find one dog comes from new line isn't important the degree of displasy, he will be used in the breed for open the line with controled females (HD: A) and after this the people take care of the displasy problem bring by this new dog, but it is a VERY extreme case, soo far of the CzW.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 22:40   #23
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa

Yes, because of these differences, not only by countries, but too by clinics, I put B as already displasic, isn't rare dogs B when make the X-rays in with one more rigorous clinic receive C or D, too as A receive B, these in official HD result.
I think futurelly the "Pennhip" can change it.
There is no such thing as differences in clinics in Germany. There are official judges that only judge one or two breeds and that normaly haven´t done the x-rays themself. All those authorities meet at least once a year for training just that one thing: Judging x-rays for official breeding certificate. We once had two dogs judged by three of them, all three gave exactly the same result. If you ask me that is the only possible method.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote