Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Clubs & law

Clubs & law Information about CzW clubs in other countries, law concerning CzW and Kennel CLub regulations...

Old 16-03-2009, 22:41   #21
Per Olav

Send a message via MSN to Per Olav

The couple has crossed the border several times without beeing questioned about their dog and now the Norwegian Kennel Club is supporting the couple by asking the police to think otherwise. The law make it clear that the the couple should have been informed before the police intervened by breaking into the apartmenet in the owner¨s absence. (The single person present was the mother of the owner - a Polish speaking woman with no knowledge of Norwegian). Nevertheless - according to the police the dog showed aggressive behaviour by barking (!!) at the officers as they entered the flat.

Most likely the police will defend their superiority by putting the dog to death unless the Head of Police decide otherwise. On facebook more than 10.000 individuals are supporting the couple and a petition is by now signed by more than 2.000.
Old 16-03-2009, 22:50   #22
Rona
Distinguished Member

The owners of Imbus spent their summer hollidays in Norway with Imbus. http://www.wolfdog.org/drupal/pl/gallery/subcat/0/926/ http://www.wolfdog.org/drupal/pl/gallery/subcat/0/917/ http://www.wolfdog.org/drupal/pl/gallery/subcat/0/936/
They seem to have been lucky!
Per Olav, can we do anything to help save the dog?

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 22:51   #23
Per Olav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
Are there any border patrols on the border of Sweeden and Norway?
For sure, stationary and mobile units. You have the oportunity to pass stationary customs on "green" which means "no matters of interrest" or on "red" if you have matters to declare before entering the country. There may be mobile units patrolling the borders independently at a distance of approx 40 km off the border zone.
Old 16-03-2009, 22:54   #24
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Olav View Post
On facebook more than 10.000 individuals are supporting the couple and a petition is by now signed by more than 2.000.
Could you please post a link of this petition?

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 22:57   #25
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Geology students from Vilnius university go for practise on summers to Norway and they usualy pass the border from Finland to Norway And there is no border patrols My dog might have been crossing this border two years ago Scary.
We do not have border patrol that far up in Scandinavia as there is no one passing or to less even in the summer and in the winter we do not even know where the borders are, as we can not se the white lines on the ground because of all the snow ...and ho would be passing there in -40`c and about 2,5 meter of snow I wounder...

Just kidding...

Best regards / Mikael
Old 16-03-2009, 22:58   #26
Per Olav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
The owners of Imbus spent their summer hollidays in Norway with Imbus. http://www.wolfdog.org/drupal/pl/gallery/subcat/0/926/ http://www.wolfdog.org/drupal/pl/gallery/subcat/0/917/ http://www.wolfdog.org/drupal/pl/gallery/subcat/0/936/
They seem to have been lucky!
Per Olav, can we do anything to help save the dog?
Maybe a mail to the Department of Police? I'll request information by the guy running the facebook group in support of the dog.

And yes, Imbus is certainly born under a lucky star
Old 16-03-2009, 23:01   #27
Per Olav

Quote:
Could you please post a link of this petition?
http://www.opprop.no/opprop.php?id=ajlo
Old 16-03-2009, 23:31   #28
Per Olav

The e-mail address to the Head of Police is [email protected] . My advice is to keep a "sober tone" appealing the authoryties allowing the dog transferred to Sweden. Harsh words may reduce the dog's possibility of survival.
Old 16-03-2009, 23:39   #29
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
The e-mail address to the Head of Police is [email protected] . My advice is to keep a "sober tone" appealing the authoryties allowing the dog transferred to Sweden. Harsh words may reduce the dog's possibility of survival.
Wow Per ! You are either brave or crazy

Regards / Mikael

Last edited by Mikael; 16-03-2009 at 23:50.
Mikael jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 09:47   #30
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Hmm, but if a lot of people will start sending e-mails won't it make the police even more serious (in the bad meaning) about this? Nobody likes spam...

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 10:05   #31
Per Olav

Quote:
Hmm, but if a lot of people will start sending e-mails won't it make the police even more serious (in the bad meaning) about this? Nobody likes spam...
You may be right - on the other hand - this case has raised a lot of "noise" in the media - and on the facebook group the e-mail address to the Head of Police is published for those who want a more "direct approach" to the HoP.
Old 17-03-2009, 14:51   #32
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
You may be right - on the other hand - this case has raised a lot of "noise" in the media - and on the facebook group the e-mail address to the Head of Police is published for those who want a more "direct approach" to the HoP.
I think there is a big chanse that this e-mail box is also now temporery out of use ???

Best regards / Mikael
Old 17-03-2009, 15:03   #33
Per Olav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
I think there is a big chanse that this e-mail box is also now temporery out of use ???

Best regards / Mikael
Hardly. This is the official postbox to the Department of Police

My intention was not to create a thread on this particular case, just a warning what may happen to csv's crossing the Norwegian border.
Old 17-03-2009, 15:16   #34
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Hardly. This is the official postbox to the Department of Police

My intention was not to create a thread on this particular case, just a warning what may happen to csv's crossing the Norwegian border.
Yes I understand, and I think we are to be very happy this topic is not about Imbus,
(Hronec, Uno, or any of Vaivas dogs...)

Thanks for the worning(s)

But please keep us apdated in the Majlo matter...

Best regards / Mikael
Old 23-03-2009, 10:20   #35
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo

People! The Norwegian government made really good steps trying to protect country from aggressive Wolfdogs. We have already documented cases of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs killing Norwegian(?) elks....

It started over three years ago:

and last till nowadays...

PS. It is sad we all must remove Norway from the list of countries which are a nice place to spent the holidays but as we saw on Wolfdog stupid regulations and decisions change. They go by as the people who made them....

The customs of your tribe are not laws of nature - George Bernard Shaw
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 17:57   #36
Per Olav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo View Post
People! The Norwegian government made really good steps trying to protect country from aggressive Wolfdogs. We have already documented cases of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs killing Norwegian(?) elks....
LOL
Quote:
PS. It is sad we all must remove Norway from the list of countries which are a nice place to spent the holidays but as we saw on Wolfdog stupid regulations and decisions change. They go by as the people who made them....
It's truly sad that this versatile breed is no longer allowed in my country - but the Kennel Club, experts and "ordinary people" are fighting to invalidate the existing law.
Old 25-03-2009, 10:38   #37
Navarre
VIP Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Navarre

How can they recognize that my dogs are czech wolfodg ? On passports i can write simply "gs-husky mix" (in Italy is possible) and live happy and visit norway freely!

Or not ?
Old 25-03-2009, 11:34   #38
Per Olav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navarre View Post
How can they recognize that my dogs are czech wolfodg ? On passports i can write simply "gs-husky mix" (in Italy is possible) and live happy and visit norway freely!
Or not ?
I'll put it this way: By 1991 the American Pitbull Terrier was prohibited in Norway. Some years ago a dog mix was seized by the Police claiming the dog was a Pitbull Terrier mix. When the case was brought to court a Swedish professor stated the dog most likely was a mix of a Amstaff Terrier and one or more other breeds/mixes but since the excact origin of the dog not could be verified the dog was put to death.

In my country dogs are killed just on suspicion of beeing a banned breed or a banned breed mix or even looking like one.

Last edited by Per Olav; 25-03-2009 at 13:26.
Per Olav jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 14:57   #39
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

So this actually means that the best thing to do would be to get false papers that you wolfdog is in fact saarloos wolfdogs as they are not banned... Nice.

Well, Norway is too cold for me anyway... But I keep my fingers crossed that this stupid thing will pass away...
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 15:59   #40
Juniorwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post
So this actually means that the best thing to do would be to get false papers that you wolfdog is in fact saarloos wolfdogs as they are not banned... Nice.

Well, Norway is too cold for me anyway... But I keep my fingers crossed that this stupid thing will pass away...
Personally I would not take the risk that someone might think the dog is CSW and not SWH ...as the goverment of Norway will kill your dog even on suspicion even that their might not will be many CSW/SWH experts in Norway, I love my dogs too much to take that risk !

Best thing to do will be sending Per Olav good photos and videos of CSW working, interacting with children and so on, to help Per Olav promote our breed as a dog of good character and vertisile use

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote