Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 06-02-2006, 19:44   #21
Mosi

Send a message via AIM to Mosi Send a message via MSN to Mosi

lovely to hear your doing well with your new puppy :3, glad you got him to the US. I wish you loads of luck, please keep us updated too!

come see my art --->
www.afiach.deviantart.com
Mosi jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 00:46   #22
Star II

Sorry for the delay in responding, everything is going really well with Polo! I'm amazed that he is already learning basic obedience commands like "sit" and "down" at such a young age. Most of the time it seems like he can figure out what I mean by my tone of voice, he is very intelligent.

I'm headed to the dog beach with him right now to see how he does with the other pups, I will try to write more and also post some pictures in the very near future (if I can figure out how, I took a brief look earlier and didn't see offhand how to create a new section for Polo under Wolfdogs).
Star II jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2006, 01:33   #23
Star II

Sure, I'll email you Hanka's info (and would happy to do the same for anyone else looking to get in contact with her). Can you be a bit more specific in terms of questions that you would like answered (that weren't answered in the above description)?

Polo did very well at the dog beach, he made friends with a 4 month old Rottweiler and they played for over an hour. =)
Star II jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 18:40   #24
wolfangel

You're right, the breed is actually AKC-FSS but NO dog is registered actually.
To obtain AKC full recognition some of the AKC requirements are a minimum of 300 purebred wolfdog registered in AKC-FSS (owners are american people) + a national breed club + two regional and one specialty show yearly.
For an example, I bred Finnish Lapphund that was AKC-FSS near 20 years ago and we should obtain full AKC recognition next year.

The big problematic is that no AKC-FSS pedigree will be recognized outside USA.

In Canada, where I am, we should obtain full recognition of the breed with official pedigrees in 2008 with the Canine Federation of Canada. We work since two full years with them to obtain that acceditation. CFC pedigrees will be recognized by FCI countries.

Before importing a wolfdog to USA, be 100% of your state's bylaws because many US states have laws against hybrid and wolfdogs even pedigree's purebred ones

And for the import of a dog, I highl;y suggest you to make the trip to Europe and meet the breeder, parents and the littermates of your puppy... It is essential to be sure to adopt a well behave companion puppy.

Never argue with idiots.
They drag you down to their level,
then beat you with experience.
wolfangel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 18:44   #25
wolfangel

I highly recommand you to contact the AKC-FSS services and proceed in the official registration of your dog with them.
If all US pet owners register their dogs in the FSS program, you'll start to built the 300 individuals asked by the AKC...

The procedure is simple and fees is only $30.
You'll need two photos of your dog (one side view, one front view) + his pedigree.

Never argue with idiots.
They drag you down to their level,
then beat you with experience.
wolfangel jest offline   Reply With Quote