Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 16-03-2012, 00:26   #11
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina View Post
I do not know how to explain in english better. But it will be always a problem, if dogs go immediatly at front. Nobody here in germany want this border military dogs!
Nobody say that Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs must be aggressive. Look on breed the standard - here is nothing about agression:

Lively, very active, capable of endurance, docile with quick reactions. Fearless and courageous. Suspicious. Shows tremendous loyalty towards his master. Resistant to weather conditions. Versatile in his uses.

Now look on the last sentence - it means you can use them for many types of work. They can make great Rescue Dogs. And Germany is the best example. CsW owners from your country do not make protection work but train their dogs to track lost people. With the French crosses they would be not able to do this.
And there are many possibilities to use CsW.

You can change the way how you will "use" Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs. But you can not change their character.

And there are more examples already visible. One of the most winning dogs in CZ and SK last time is a 'walking zombie'. People who are interested in breeding 'show lines" and 'sofa dogs' love him saying that he has great character - very calm and timid (he really behaves like on drugs). People who work with dogs and try to preserve the 'right' character 'hate' him because you can not do with such dog ANYTHING. He is useless as working dog. In the case of rescue work: the lost person would die because the dog will have no mood to look for somebody and if he would - the person would die because the anemic dog will need DAYS to run several kilometres.

And the same I can say about the crosses bred in France. I saw some of those dogs - some were 'zombies', some were scared like Saarloos. Only one showed bound with his owner. The rest was indifferent to everything. They were plants - not dogs.

Quote:
And therefore animals like Demoniak are very important for the breed. And as I showed you in the picture of Doz and Demoniak, they do look like twins! Here is another one.
I agree they can be important for THE breed. They can be interesting for THE American Wolfdogs or THE Indian Wolfdogs. I think also THE Saarloos Wolfhond breeders can be happy to have the possibility to use them.
But our breed do not need them. Look - Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs were made by crossing European Wolf (from the Carpathians) and German Shepherd Dog (old DDR lines). NOTHING ELSE.

What is Demoniak? A mongrel. There is a bit of Czechoslovakian Wolfdog. There is also a Wolf(dog) (American? Tundra?). What else? I doubt that Frank&co. used pure American Wolf - I think they took an American Wolfdogs. And you know that American Wolfdogs consist of several breeds. Most of them unknown but in the most cases American breeders mix wolves with Huskies or Malamutes (they do not use GSD).
Do you think that our breed needs mongrels? Christian, there are many mongrels in our animals shelters. Some of them are pretty 'wolfish'. But it is not a reason to use them for mixing with CsW. Because any mix and any mongrel is just an unknown Pandora box.

Quote:
I noticed the offspring of Demoniak and Doz does not look really like csw. I was wondering too. Marvellous wolfdogs, but not like csw.... Maybe that is genetics - or you are right.
I'm right. You will see. It is the rule of genetics. Do you remeber the experiment of Konrad Lorenz who crossed Poodles and Jackals? Always the fist generation was pretty similar. First in the next generations there were diverse animals born. It is the same with France - in the first generation(s) of crosses was pretty similar to each other. Now more and more different "breeds" are visible there. We can see dogs which resemble mixes of Husky and GSD. Mixes of White Shepherd and husky. Mixes of American Wolves. Mixes of Mamamute and GSD.
Real Sodom and Gomorrah

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP

Last edited by z Peronówki; 16-03-2012 at 00:34.
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote