Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Living with a CzW....

Living with a CzW.... Stories as forewarnings for future owners.... everything about the character of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs

Old 21-03-2011, 16:13   #1
draggar

Default Maturity regression?

We noticed around the time Luna turned one year old she seemed to have regressed in maturity. No housebreaking issues (thank god) but she became rather stand offish (not as social as she used to be), indifferent to people, and displying a lot of puppy-brattiness you typically see in a younger puppy. Luckily the past month or so she's matured (it seems like overnight) into a young adult. This past weekend where she did an entire weekend at a dog show as a demo service dog in training was proof of that - she was often handed off to my wife's friend and there were no issues, handing Luna off was easy and without incident. She has matured a lot the past few weeks - er confidence is up (even finally said hi to a neighbor that she has been skittish around, too).

The past month it seems that Pollux has regressed a lot, too. He no longer trots out the back door when I talk him for a walk and despite a ton of socalization from us since we got him he's become extremely anti-social and VERY skittish around people (even though he's done shows, service work training, etc.). We're back saying we're taking him out for a drag (as opposed to a walk).

Is it common for them to regress for a few months around their first birthday (maybe has something to do with maturity - like humans when we hit our early to mid teens?). Kiri (our GSD) has a slight regression but it didn't seem as severe and sudden as these, I don't remember any regression with Zorro (our malinois).
draggar jest offline   Reply With Quote