Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Dog shows

Dog shows Our show successes, how to prepare a CzW, how to show him...

Old 17-10-2010, 22:41   #1
Gypsy Wolf

Default New UKC Champion!

Hi all ~
Big Brag! Luna (Galomy Oaks Aurora del Mango, HIC) just got her UKC Championship this weekend! She took Best of Breed all 4 shows, 3 Group 3s and a Group 2! I will say, she really humbled me, though. Despite the fact that I TRAIN dogs, have socialized her extensively, do Conformation class with her a few times a month, she was a squirrelly-girl at the show. Thankfully she showed as a "puppy" so the judges were really understanding, and really worked with us.
I think the biggest "problem" is that she is very sensitive to "eye" and the judges, of course, are STARING at her. And they behave "dominantly" with examining a dog. So we need to work on that in training.
Pollux (Crying Wolf) looks gawky at this age, but a judge told my friend that he is "stunningly beautiful" and once he is better trained for the ring he will be unbeatable. So we are both concentrating on having perfect dogs in the ring the next time. It seems a Vlcak will really humble you!
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 14:46   #2
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

super - congratulation
Old 18-10-2010, 21:07   #3
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Congratulations!!
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 21:25   #4
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Thumbs up

Congratulations from me to !!! Good girl

Regards / Mikael
Old 19-10-2010, 04:17   #5
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

And of course big congratulations from Momma!!!

I saw some photos of the 2 of them that Shannon McDermott posted (she had Pharoah hounds in the show, think you guys talked?). I can't believe how gorgeous she has gotten!

We are all very proud of you guys!!!!
Marcy
Old 19-10-2010, 05:26   #6
Priska182
Canadian Member

Congratulations !!!!!
Old 20-10-2010, 03:36   #7
Gypsy Wolf

Shannon is great! We actually "camped" under her EZ Up for the show. Luna *IS* gorgeous. She was praised for her composure (one judge said she has "more "gray matter" between the ears" as she was very intent on watching them) and that, even for a youngster, she is well-put-together.
Pongo-Pollux just needs to grow into himself - he is still very much a gangly pup, but one judge commented that he was "stunningly beautiful" and I am sure the next time we show he will look very impressive.
We are going to work them intensely for the ring - getting them to stand-stay and ignore the judge. Being typical vlcaks, they are not good with novel stimulus and strangers staring at them and then approaching and behaving in an aggressive manner. Pollux actually growled low in his throat, though did nothing further. He has been displaying some serious protective behavior. Neither he nor Luna are afraid when it comes to protecting what they consider theirs. They are very much like Belgians in character I find...
Old 20-11-2010, 23:28   #8
Gypsy Wolf

Default Luna is the Number 1 CsV in the United States!!!

Big BRAG!!! Luna (U-CH Galomy Oaks Aurora del Mango or Euro-style Aurora del Mango Galomy Oaks) is currently STANDING AS THE NUMBER ONE (and only, for right now) VLCAK in the United States!!!
Marcy, you have now created a DYNASTY of TOP-WINNING CsV! Luna is following in her parents' pawprints as Top 10 Standing Vlcaks!
We are SO PROUD!!!
And next time the Eukanuba National Championship Invitational comes to FL we would like to do the Meet the Breed booth (2011)... Heck, I might even bring her to Westminster February 2011 - she was there in NYC the same time last year when I first brought her "home"... "A Vlcak in the City"...
Old 20-11-2010, 23:52   #9
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Thumbs up

Congratulations again !!!

Pleeeeeease put up some photos of her

I do not know Luna my self, but I really love her brother mr Puppy puppy, he will always be in my heart

Even if he is no longer a puppy and go under the name Adams Morgan
But to me he is "Puppy puppy"

I like both the parents to

How is your male dog doing, do you do any show or protection training whit him ?

Best regards / Mikael
Old 21-11-2010, 20:32   #10
Gypsy Wolf

I will get some pictures of her up as soon as I can - she looks a little moth-eaten right now as she seems to be "in between" losing her puppy coat and getting her adult coat in.
I am bringing her everywhere I can to make sure she is thoroughly socialized - especially if I decide to make her my next Service Dog. So far, she has been perfect with all the exposure.
The male, Pollux Crying Wolf, is owned by my friend. We did a lot of back-and-forth socializing with him, too, but now he is back with her full-time. She is going to give him a few more months of puppyhood - where he is not expected to do anything but be a playful pup - and then she will re-evaluate how he has developed and go from there.
He is really GORGEOUS. Just stunning. He has also started being very protective - and boldly defending his owner and his car. He is a serious boy.
It seems to me that Luna and Pollux are like either end of the spectrum of CsVs. She is more "shepherd dog" in looks and character, and he is more "wolf" in type and temperament. They are both very agile - easily doing agility equipment like the 4 foot tall "dog walk" or bouncing over fences with all four feet off the ground... and they never seem to "go around" obstacles like a regular dog would - they just go OVER the obstacle to get to where they want to be the fastest way possible.
Oh, and they LOOOOVE water...
Old 21-11-2010, 21:01   #11
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Sunds like you all having a goooood time

Ooooo, a Cs Vlcak as a "Service Dog" that would be good and interesting

Very best regards / Mikael
Old 21-11-2010, 22:54   #12
Priska182
Canadian Member

Thumbs up Luna is the Number 1 CsV in the United States!!!

Congratulations!!!!
Old 22-11-2010, 05:03   #13
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Congrats! Very nice.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote