Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Upbringing & character

Upbringing & character How to care for a puppy, how to socialize it, the most common problems with CzW, how to solve them....

Old 01-10-2010, 05:11   #1
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari
Default 'One Person' dog, or family-oriented?

I haven't seen this addressed on the English forum, so I thought I would ask..

Are CWs more one-person oriented, or do they take well to the whole family? Some breeds attach strongly to one person, and some don't play favorites so much.

What are CWs like, on the spectrum of dog breeds?
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:20   #2
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Cz. wolfdog will love all family, it is typicle "pack animal". But maybe he will respect only one person in family. Other people will be "friends" only. But it depends on people and their authority.
Here, in country of origin is wolfdog working breed, like is boxer, briard,....You can meet wolfdog on training places.
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 20:40   #3
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Thank you Hanka.

I was just wondering because our youngest dog did not want anything to do with Yoshiki (my boyfriend) for about 5-6 months. She was not afraid of him but she just didn't care to spend any time with him. She would never come to rest next to him or follow him around. So sometimes his feelings were disappointed.

So I just would like to know what to expect.

-Jing
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:37   #4
Gypsy Wolf

I don't know that you CAN really know what to expect... They have very unique relationships with those they consider "pack"... I also think a lot depends on the nature of the relationships they have with their people... for instance, I do most of the training, so both the vlcaks respect and respond to me as boss. My husband walks and feeds them and they like him, too, but very differently.
My girlfriend Siobhan co-owns Pongo and he goes there every other week to stay with her. He gets away with a lot more "naughty" behavior here, but not there and will not even attempt it.
Luna is NOT snuggly at all, though she will smooch me when she can. Pongo LOVES to snuggle and smooch.
CsVs are SO unique as individuals, they are not supposed to be noisy, but Luna is as barky as a Sheltie, while Pongo is quiet as a mouse.
But they are fun and interesting and incredibly bright. My only warning to those who are not vlcak owners already - LEARN DOG LANGUAGE!
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 16:58   #5
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

My experience - if your family loves them, they will love back. Of course everything depends also on upbringing, but the wolfdogs usually respond quite well to mutual feelings, and also the owner's feelings. Like, my friend's wolfdog greeted me very enthusiastically when he was with my fried, but only moderately when he was with his brother.

But one thing is love the other is obeying. My first wolfdog obeyed me, as I trained her, she obeyed my father, because I obeyed him (similar with my mother, but less so), and she loved my sister and grandmothers but would obey them only whan she wanted to make them happy... Frei (my current wolfdog) was led to obey everybody, but she still knows who she can "make fun of" and who she really has to obey.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote