Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 05-05-2009, 16:59   #1
Butterfly

Default Cost to Buy and Import

Hello Everyone

I am just curious and hope I do not offend anyone. It is just this, there are, as many of you know, breeders in the UK who are crossing the CWD and SWH. These people seem to view the dogs as a business.

In the UK :

To buy a full CWD costs approx £1500 from such people and the SWH is priced at £2500. I just wondered how these costs compare to elsewhere in the world? And how much it would cost to send a dog to the UK?

I have heard that reputable breeders of both breeds are now reluctant to sell their dogs to UK buyers , due to the crossing of these lovely dogs
Butterfly jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 19:49   #2
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
Hello Everyone

I am just curious and hope I do not offend anyone. It is just this, there are, as many of you know, breeders in the UK who are crossing the CWD and SWH. These people seem to view the dogs as a business.

In the UK :

To buy a full CWD costs approx £1500 from such people and the SWH is priced at £2500. I just wondered how these costs compare to elsewhere in the world? And how much it would cost to send a dog to the UK?

I have heard that reputable breeders of both breeds are now reluctant to sell their dogs to UK buyers , due to the crossing of these lovely dogs

hi, yes you are right the prices are expencive over her, as there is very few bloodlines it is hard to get one over here at the mo and with all the crossing with inuits etc a lot of breaders wont sell over here, this is such a shame as i would love a male cwd for kaya my femail, hopfully some breeders will see were not all just out to make money and use them for crossing with uther dogs, best of luck and i hope you manage to get one, just remember there not normal dogs and can take a lot of work, be risponcibe and do reserch on the bread and breaders, make sure you know what your gettin into, I wouldnt advise gettin one if you havent had experiance with big bread, hectic dogs, sayin that if you know what your doing and you get one, i hope you many years of happyness, i love mine to peices and wouldnt chainge her for the wourld
tikaani jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 20:05   #3
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
Hello Everyone

In the UK :

Hello Butterfly

It is hard to give you a good and correct answer, as the prices depends on if the puppies parents are from a very good line or not, or if they have HD results or if they have a excellent bonitation code generation after generation or not

But... I can give you some example that I know of...

Male Puppy from Finland 2400 Euro in 2007
Female puppy from Finland 1800 Euro 2008
Female Puppy from Germany 1200 Euro 2008
Female Puppy Italy 1200 Euro 2009

But remenber it can vary alot from breeder to breeder and line to line...

I did also had contact whit a breeder from Poland, if I do not remember wrong it was 1200 Euro in 2008 for a female puppy

The prices are off course higher in countries where there is less breeders as the breeder there had to import there dogs to, and travel long way to buy, bonitate or mate...as in Finland, Sweden and the UK...

Import licence to UK I know nothing about, in Sweden it is 100 Euro.

The travel to visit and pick up your puppy is like on a normal holiday and depends where you go and how you go there I did fly whit my dog inside Sweden 2008 whit SAS, the payment was only 30 Euro extra for the dog but then I did bring my own aproved flying cage...

Very best regards / Mikael

Last edited by Mikael; 05-05-2009 at 20:15.
Mikael jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:20   #4
michaelundinaeichhorn

Morning,

I agree with you Tikaani.
But a responsible breeder will help you with all your questions about bloodlines, shipping, vaccinations, living together with CWD's and other problems.
And moreover organize the transport and paperwork.
If not, don't buy there.
To me the prices in the UK for wolfdogs purebred or not, seem ridiculous and a rip off.
2500 English Pounds, which is about 3200 € for a Saarloos is crazy.
The prices in Germany for a CWD are around 1000 € which is around 750 English Pounds, depending on the exchange rate.
We for example take another 100 € as a deposit, which you get back after the dog is x-rayed.
So all in all a dog from the continent shouldn't cost you more than 1000 Pounds excluding transport to the UK.
In times of bargain flights the least problem is to visit the breeder in advance.
One thing we require before we ship a dog to his new owner.
So it's no need to pay such high prices as mentioned above, just don't buy there and they will drop anyway.

Michael
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:54   #5
Wolfsirius

There is also huge differences between countries with a living costs, or costs to feed/keep your dog.
Often is more cheap and easy to get a pup from europe, if you are living middle of europe, than if you are living "middle of nothing".
If pup cost 1200 eur in Poland, is quite high price comparing the average livingcosts / or salary people there get. Always if i travel in Poland (or few other countries) almost everything is really cheap to me
(i do not speak about dogs now) and if i compare Finland prices for living in here, for prices to live many other countries in europe, i must say, that puppyprices should be higher in expensive countries, than these "cheaper" countries. I don't know, but maybe someone can tell me, how much average man earns from work monthly in Poland??

In Italy there is lot of breeders, and i think they have different prices, i do not believe all pups in Italy goes for 1200 eur, even not all pups from Finland goes for higher prices, we had gave pups also for free.. and i think breeders in many countries had done same sometimes. Everyone have reasons for that.

Fila Brasileiro's cost here now ca. 1500 eur, but years ago, as there wasn't many, it costs ca. 3000 eur.

Black Russian terrier from top breeder RUSSIA, cost 1200 to 1300 eur, and this is quite big money for Russian people, comparing their average earnings.

-Suski
-Suski-
Wolfsirius jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:58   #6
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
I did also had contact whit a breeder from Poland, if I do not remember wrong it was 1200 Euro in 2008 for a female puppy
Who was it? Could you send me the name to my PW - I'm really curious ?

The price for a SHOW quality puppy in Poland in about 650-850 EUR (depends on breeder and not on the quality of the parents). If someone asked 1200 EUR from you - it was typical "sucker hunt" (breeders are asking much higher price that the puppy is worth and hope they will find someone who will be pay such price and they will get 2x or 3x more money than they get for a puppy which they sell to other people)... Sorry, I don't like it but it is pretty common behaviour of many breeders in this part of Europe...

To be honest the puppy prices base on nothing... You can buy offsprings of "super champions" for a very fair price and poor quality puppies for thousands of Euro...
This year I had people interested in buying a cheaper pet-quality puppy. I suggested them to send emails to unknown breeders from Poland, Slovakia and Czech Republic which have not so good quality dogs without any show results and with no serious achievements as breeders. We were shocked because the prices they asked were higher than the show quality puppies in Poland...

The customs of your tribe are not laws of nature - George Bernard Shaw
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:16   #7
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsirius View Post
If pup cost 1200 eur in Poland, is quite high price comparing the average livingcosts / or salary people there get. Always if i travel in Poland (or few other countries) almost everything is really cheap to me
Sorry but I will not agree.... The prices should not base on the living costs in specific country because breeding I not about getting the money for daily life but about the money you spent FOR the dogs and FOR breeding... There are people in West Europe which spent (almost) NOTHING. Only few amount of money for feeding the dogs. And there are people in East Europe which spent a LOT of money for training and showing the dogs. So I think is is no wonder the puppies from West Europe will be in some cases cheaper than in East Europe...

The same "fairy tale" is told about the prices. Sure it is cheaper to leave here (but it is also changing last time) but we have to spent in many cases much more money because breeding of the dogs is a LUXURY. For a long time I was buying high quality dog food in Germany - it was about 50% CHEAPER than in Poland. The prices for dog shows are the same in Poland and Germany and higher than in Italy. When I show my dogs in Slovakia or Czech Republic I have to pay MUCH MORE than for example in Germany (50-70 EUR for every dog if you want to compare it). Vaccination are the same as in Germany. Passports are more expensive in PL. Blood test also. Cheaper is only veterinary work but only in small clinics. If I need professional help I have to pay similar price as in West Europe but by a heathy breed as Wolfdogs it do not have huge infleunce....

So if you speak about the prices - it make no sence to base it on the country but on this WHAT the breeder make WITH and FOR the dogs... Because it is what (should) have the biggest influence on the price of the puppies...

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:25   #8
Wolfsirius

maybe you are right in some things you wrote.
but i do not believe, that example in england breeders use more time and money for their dogs, than other people, comparing the prices. and, for me does not matter what breeders ask from their puppies, you can always ask what you want, and those who pay, they will pay, those who think is too high/or low, go to some other breeder, IF IT IS BECAUSE OF MONEY. Personally i do not look about the price of pup, but other things. There had been also puppies offered for free to me, but i was not interested.

Years ago i could get fila brasileiro very cheap easily out from finland, but i bought my fila from finland, and it was 2 or 3 times higher price than ex. in CZ. But i am very happy with my choice. So price should not be the main thing, as choosing a pup. Even, pup must have reasonable price.

-Suski
-Suski-
Wolfsirius jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:49   #9
Margo

Quote:
you can always ask what you want, and those who pay, they will pay, those who think is too high/or low, go to some other breeder, IF IT IS BECAUSE OF MONEY
No - it is not about money. But I don't think ANYONE want to pay more and getting less than by any other breeders...
As I told - prices base on NOTHING. They are just invention of the breeders. And the posts above are the best example... The average breeder from UK or Finland (basing on the show results, working results and matings) spent less money than average breeder for example from Germany... So I really do not see any reason why the prices are 2x times higher. I will not believe living in Germany (the living standards) are 2x worser in Germany than in UK... or Finland...

So shorty:

YES. Every breeder can ask their own price. He/she do not need ANY reason to ask even 5000 EUR for a puppy.

NO. The prices have (should have) nothing to do with country and there is no explanation that "western" puppies MUST be more expensive that "western" puppies.. There are breeders in "cheaper" countries spending a lot of money for their dogs. And there are breeders in "Western" countries which spent nothing.

YES. The puppy buyers decide what they want and which breeders they will choose... It is their choise if they want to buy "no-name" and sometimes even no-pedigree puppy for 2000 EUR or they will buy "champion-offspring" for 700, 800, or 1000 EUR...

Old 06-05-2009, 13:08   #10
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Hello Butterfly,
if I can advice you, don´t look at price.
look at this:
-have both parents of puppy X-ray result?
-have both parents bonitation? What bonitation code?
-can you see video from thear test of character from bonitation?
-show titles......Not important. You can have much titles in country, where is not much wolfdogs on shows. Much ugly wolfdogs are champions of some countries.
-if you know more about wolfdogs, for you can be "interest"- what blood has puppy? is it good for you?= for breeding in your country?
-have parents of your puppy any defect what is disqualificated for breeding? (all is wroted in strandart, but much wolfdogs with it is breeded,...)
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 13:36   #11
Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
I will be the "bad woman" again... Since the bonitation is also made by people who have no even basic knowledge how to judge and measure the dog I will add also by this point "Not important." Sure you can take into consideration the bonitation made by O.Dora or S. Bognarova but by the rest be VERY carefull... Sometimes a dog which have boniotation code "perfect" and P1 is so in the reality so UNTYPICAL that should be judged as P14...And we have MANY example for it...

The same is with the video from the bonitation character test. It is also for nothing since some dogs train with people who later make the bonitation...

No - I will say that the dog shows results and bonitation codes are important but ONLY if they are made (judged) by a real experts.

Butterfly, there is only one thing which counts - the COOL BRAIN and COMMON SENSE - the knowledge how to distinguish the facts from the public relation "bla bla" told by the breeders.... If you really want to choose a good dog from a good breeder - visit some breeders and see their dogs in reality. Do not base on the advertisment written in internet and on the forum... Because in the virtual reality all breeders are perfect, all dogs are nice and have good characters. All breeders are responsible and carring for the dogs...

Old 06-05-2009, 13:41   #12
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
Hello Butterfly,
if I can advice you, don´t look at price.
look at this:
-have both parents of puppy X-ray result?
-can you see video from thear test of character from bonitation?
-show titles......Not important. You can have much titles in country, where is not much wolfdogs on shows. Much ugly wolfdogs are champions of some countries.
-if you know more about wolfdogs, for you can be "interest"- what blood has puppy? is it good for you?= for breeding in your country?
-have parents of your puppy any defect what is disqualificated for breeding? (all is wroted in strandart, but much wolfdogs with it is breeded,...)
Yes I think you are 100% right way look at show results at all on a working breed look at work and bonitation (standard) Test instead

Regards / Mikael
Old 06-05-2009, 13:49   #13
martiou07

Send a message via MSN to martiou07 Send a message via Skype™ to martiou07

I found certain asking price in France well too excessive (of 1500 to 1800 euros….), I see that is not better in other countries ..... In France, the price which I would describe as normal locates between 800 and 1200 euros for a pup dog wolf (male or female). at this price there, obviously one can find all and import what, but by paying attention at which is taken the pup, there are the H-D result of the parents and even in certain cases the bonitations.

so long

Martial

martiou07 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 13:53   #14
Margo

Quote:
and bonitation (standard) Test instead
Look ONLY on the standard... In the last month I visited two bonitation. There were two cases of dogs with wrong indexes Xv=50.
Czech dog with such index was judged by a Czech judge and get PERFECT bonitation code P1 (note "Excellent"). The second dog was judged by Slovakian judge and get P5 (note "good"). According the "standard" dog with such index can NEVER get excellent note.

But it is common case - in Czech Republic bad or very bad indexes have no influence on the bonitation code so in such case the Czech bonitation codes are much better than the Slovakian and MUCH better as they can be. The same is with open lips and atypical heads. It has no influence on the bonitation codes and you can see dogs with EXTREMELY heavy heads with no typical expression for this breed which are "rewarded" with the highest possible note...
(of course not all Czech bonitation codes are wrong and not all Czech dogs are atypical but there is visible difference in the bonitation codes). So the only solution is only to ask other (friends or) breeders for help or visit the bonitation and see which dog is REALLY perfect...

Old 06-05-2009, 13:54   #15
Navarre
VIP Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Navarre

Quote:
In Italy there is lot of breeders, and i think they have different prices, i do not believe all pups in Italy goes for 1200 eur,
Hello, in our country the price range is about 800-1500, but of couse you can find puppies at 400 and puppies at 2500, but are rare cases.

Often puppies sold at 2500 aren't better than puppies sold at 800, often are same lines, often are even worser, sometimes are a mix and not purebreed !
Maybe that the breeder selling at 2500, after short time will sell the remaining puppies of the same litter at 1000 or even lower.
I agree with Margo, the prices many times is based on nothing.

For example we aren't "breeders", we don't need to earn money from our dogs, isn't our work, but they are good dogs of good lines, with xray, bonitation, exhibitions in our country and in countries of origin, schutzhund training, endurance train. and even playing as actors in movies and commercials...potentially we can sell them at a very higher price, but we sell them at 1200.
3 years ago we sold them at 1000, the litter was very OK, so now 1200.
We prefer to have many potential owners to choose from.

But you cane easily find other litters sold at higher price...but the breeder with his dogs did...absolutely NOTHING (apart from feeding them) , neither pay the mate, as the male is of his own.

------------

Margo, for what I konw the cost of life in Sweden/Norway/Finland is very high, higher than rest of EU, but of course even their personal income are higher.
Old 06-05-2009, 14:05   #16
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo View Post
Who was it? Could you send me the name to my PW - I'm really curious ?

The price for a SHOW quality puppy in Poland in about 650-850 EUR
Noooo, that is to cheap Margo

If that is the price in Poland for Polish people is one thing, but in Sweden that is to cheap and you will only get a mix breed for 650 Euro or a pedigree cat

The price for a rear pedigree dog as a CsV puppy in Sweden would be about 2000 Euro therefore I think it is bigger chance that we rip the breeders in Poland off

I think you better take at least 1000 Euro if you sell a puppy to Sweden

But I hope you will take 1200 Euro the next time people in Sweden will still think that is normal price...

The price for a GSD in Sweden I think is about 1000-1200 Euro.

Best regards / Mikael
Old 06-05-2009, 14:14   #17
michaelundinaeichhorn

Everything comes to the same conclusion (as all the times before) a puppy-buyer that invests time to get to know the breed, to visit breeders, clubshows and bonitations on different occasions will know enough to get a good dog for a sensible price. The puppy-buyer that doesn´t take this time will take the risk to get a not so good dog for a astronomic price. How do you know the breeder has got good dogs and is a good breeder if they are the only ones you have ever seen?

Ina
Old 06-05-2009, 14:21   #18
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:

The price for a rear pedigree dog as a CsV puppy in Sweden would be about 2000 Euro therefore I think it is bigger chance that we rip the breeders in Poland off

I think you better take at least 1000 Euro if you sell a puppy to Sweden

But I hope you will take 1200 Euro the next time people in Sweden will still think that is normal price...

The price for a GSD in Sweden I think is about 1000-1200 Euro.

Best regards / Mikael
In Germany you will even find the interesting version that NON-FCI bred dogs of parents without proper health tests are sold for almost the same price as FCI-bred ones because the people really believe that those dogs are better and their breeders don´t spend money on expensive papers.
As a German talk says "man want to be cheated".
One of these breeders even told me he sells for the same price because he doesn´t want to take puppy-buyers away from the FCI-breeders with cheaper prices.

Last edited by michaelundinaeichhorn; 06-05-2009 at 14:25.
Old 06-05-2009, 14:37   #19
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navarre View Post

------------

for what I know the cost of life in Sweden/Norway/Finland is very high, higher than rest of EU, but of course even their personal income are higher.
The price fore incurence on a CsV is about 20-30 Euro / month...
and 14 kg of good dog food is about 50-65 Euro...
Bones and pig ears about 10-20 Euro / month

To all...

But all rear or popular dogs are expensive here, even the ones that almost do not eat at all like the Chiwawa, and it cost about 1800-2000 Euro.

I think The prices in Finland are OK, if the dogs have X-ray and Bonitation, as it will cost alot of time and money to go get your dogs Bonitated in for example Germany, Check or Slovak...

CsV breeders in Scandinavia have to charge Scandinavian prices, they can not sell a rear dog for the same money as a GSD or a Poodle as it will cost mush more to import, own and breed CsV...

Very best regards / Mikael
Old 06-05-2009, 16:21   #20
*Satu

Send a message via MSN to *Satu

Puppy from CZ, 800e, Parents and whole bedigree HD clear,Bonitation codes and show results.
(puppy have HD D/D)

Puppy from SK 300e-1500e, 3 different breeder.
Puppy from CZ 200e-1500e many different breeders.
Puppy from Finland 0e-2500e 3 different breeders
Puppy from Poland 400e-1200e 2 different breeders
Puppy from Italy 1500e-2500e 3 different breeders
Puppy from Germany 1000-1700e 2 different breeders

and traveling 6000km whit car cost nothing... 15l bensin/100km it´s only holiday only

And how many breeders pay taxes??? Maitting and puppy selling is only 40-45% taxes in here. (if you have litter every year breeding is your job is not hobby anymore)

----
about other breeds...here GSD can cost 800-2000e. Dog whit out pedigree (mix) can cost 200-800e.

wolfcrossing dog = 2000e->

Also information

Other breeders can´t make litters every year in one female. (females are not puppy mashines)
Other can make only 4 litters in one female....

Others can make puppies every year whit same female.
Some one can make even dog is very young or old.