Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 06-05-2009, 19:30   #1
tikaani

Default Breeders willing to sell pups to the UK?

all this price talking is all well and good but the fact is unless there are breeders out there willing to sell pups to the UK the pricing of pups abroad is redundent.. so untill people are willing to sell pups to the uk, prices will be high here and crossings will unfortunatly carry on. when you do decide to sell over here, please let me know,as ill buy one.......
tikaani jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 19:50   #2
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikaani View Post
all this price talking is all well and good but the fact is unless there are breeders out there willing to sell pups to the UK the pricing of pups abroad is redundent.. so untill people are willing to sell pups to the uk, prices will be high here and crossings will unfortunatly carry on. when you do decide to sell over here, please let me know,as ill buy one.......
Te prices have nothing to do with making mixes or not, its about honesty and seriously. Who make mixes want nothing with selection or even with the breed, I dont think a person like that could be so called breeder still, breeder is the one who select the breed, who make mixes like is done in UK only want sold and earn money with the "breeding" of "wolves" then those mixes have no sense at all.
When already have pure females in the UK still nothing impeach the breeder to travel from abroard and mate those female bringing new blood for the countrie.
Old 06-05-2009, 20:07   #3
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
Te prices have nothing to do with making mixes or not, its about honesty and seriously. Who make mixes want nothing with selection or even with the breed, I dont think a person like that could be so called breeder still, breeder is the one who select the breed, who make mixes like is done in UK only want sold and earn money with the "breeding" of "wolves" then those mixes have no sense at all.
When already have pure females in the UK still nothing impeach the breeder to travel from abroard and mate those female bringing new blood for the countrie.

well personaly i would want a new one as a part of the family, but yes i would use him to breed with my kaya at least once. taking a femail abroad to breed i think wouldnt bring in new blood anyway as the pups wouldnt be able to breed with the dogs already over here as they would still be relatives,,,
Old 06-05-2009, 20:47   #4
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
well personaly i would want a new one as a part of the family, but yes i would use him to breed with my kaya at least once. taking a femail abroad to breed i think wouldnt bring in new blood anyway as the pups wouldnt be able to breed with the dogs already over here as they would still be relatives,,,
Unless if all dogs in your country be relactives, if you mate your female with a outside male, owners of those puppies will be able to use those dogs with the already existent dogs in UK that comes from different line, without the fear to make too close mate, its future sight, futurelly this one litter can make all difference.
The question is, how many dogs you have on UK with different blood? I dont think many, so it means that without doubts, or all the owners of the females travel for mate ever with different males, or you will need soon some new imports.
For import we will find some problems.
First of all buy dogs is not like buy carrots, I would really untrusth breeders who accept very easy send dogs to me when I live far away and nobody knows me, dont know if I'm good owner or what I will do with the puppie, if they acept it in such easy way, its because have something wrong, its pretty common when you talk with people who had import dogs, they complain about the low quality of the puppies that was sended for they, unhapply its not only in CzW.
A serious breeder who have a interessing litter with interessing blood difficultly will want send those puppies for far away, their work as their line is pretty precious for expose to the risk of lost one of those puppies because the owner of the "far away place" had "disappear", I mean, no contact, nor even how to see the developement of the dog.
And, another huge problem is the formed sight of untrust in the UK breeders because of what already happened, a serious person will never send a puppie for a place were they nor even knows if this puppie will be used for make mixes, it will really complicate your life for import a good dog, even if you're a good owner who never had tough about make mixes.
Old 06-05-2009, 20:54   #5
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsirius View Post
Navarre, you write good text, but there is one thing i want to comment:

"neither pay the mate, as the male is of his own."

For this i must say my opinion, that to keep your "own male" is not free.
If you use male owned by somebody else, you do not have to pay food, insurances, shows, bonitations, x-rays, only mating payment.
If male is owned by you, you have to buy it as a puppy (or adult), you have to pay all costs from it during it's lifetime, and you have to take care about it every day. So, to use own male is not so cheap. And very often in countries where is not so many dogs in the breed, there will be no use for many breedings for same male, which is good in fact. (no matador breeding)

-Suski
Sure, if you think about a dog as a part of "bussiness"
But if I had a female and a male dog, fist of all they are my friends, my companions, someone, who sleeps in my bed (ok ok, I know it is not good, but I like my dog, sleeping close to me), and if there is a man, who says "do you really think it is a place for a dog to sleep in your bed" I can only say "please find another to sleep in )
So in fact mating one's own dogs is cheaper (teorically)

In my situation i am still waiting while Brukne will start to "want to get married" but I know I will give two puppies for free and one for a symbolic price - because I know these people are the ones, that will give their best for their dogs. I have another ways to earn money, so...

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 21:09   #6
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
Unless if all dogs in your country be relactives, if you mate your female with a outside male, owners of those puppies will be able to use those dogs with the already existent dogs in UK that comes from different line, without the fear to make too close mate, its future sight, futurelly this one litter can make all difference.
The question is, how many dogs you have on UK with different blood? I dont think many, so it means that without doubts, or all the owners of the females travel for mate ever with different males, or you will need soon some new imports.
For import we will find some problems.
First of all buy dogs is not like buy carrots, I would really untrusth breeders who accept very easy send dogs to me when I live far away and nobody knows me, dont know if I'm good owner or what I will do with the puppie, if they acept it in such easy way, its because have something wrong, its pretty common when you talk with people who had import dogs, they complain about the low quality of the puppies that was sended for they, unhapply its not only in CzW.
A serious breeder who have a interessing litter with interessing blood difficultly will want send those puppies for far away, their work as their line is pretty precious for expose to the risk of lost one of those puppies because the owner of the "far away place" had "disappear", I mean, no contact, nor even how to see the developement of the dog.
And, another huge problem is the formed sight of untrust in the UK breeders because of what already happened, a serious person will never send a puppie for a place were they nor even knows if this puppie will be used for make mixes, it will really complicate your life for import a good dog, even if you're a good owner who never had tough about make mixes.
im not sure but i think there is no more thene 3 or 4 blood lines here so all young dogs and pups are related.. as iv sead before though im not interested in big breading with my dogs,, kaya is to young at the mo to breed so id like a male pup so in a few years when his old inuff they can mate,,,,if i brought her over there to breed itll be anuther year befor i could, and then theres no garenty that she will have pups, then id have to find homes for all the uther pups if she did, lot of time and ifs or buts just to get a nuther freind for kaya, if i cant get a male for her i will in the end do this as i dont want to cross her when i do decide to breed her.. If people dont want to send a pup over here becouse they are afraid some one might cross them, well if some one took a femail over there to get pregnant then they could just cross the pups later on. i am always willing to travel and meet the dogs owners and the pups parent, infact id insist on it as id like to see what the temperment of the pups parents are like and condition, and then to pick it up, im also willing to sighn any paperwok stating that id never cross the pup later on....
Old 06-05-2009, 21:30   #7
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
If people dont want to send a pup over here becouse they are afraid some one might cross them,
... than they could sign an official asignment So that a breeder in UK will never mate his newly bought CsV for not purebred puppies or puppies wthout pedigree

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 21:39   #8
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
... than they could sign an official asignment So that a breeder in UK will never mate his newly bought CsV for not purebred puppies or puppies wthout pedigree

i personaly would be more than happy to do that and also make any buyers of the next litter do the same aswell
Old 07-05-2009, 00:14   #9
Nebulosa

Quote:
im not sure but i think there is no more thene 3 or 4 blood lines here so all young dogs and pups are related.. as iv sead before though im not interested in big breading with my dogs,, kaya is to young at the mo to breed so id like a male pup so in a few years when his old inuff they can mate,,,,if i brought her over there to breed itll be anuther year befor i could, and then theres no garenty that she will have pups, then id have to find homes for all the uther pups if she did, lot of time and ifs or buts just to get a nuther freind for kaya, if i cant get a male for her i will in the end do this as i dont want to cross her when i do decide to breed her.. If people dont want to send a pup over here becouse they are afraid some one might cross them, well if some one took a femail over there to get pregnant then they could just cross the pups later on. i am always willing to travel and meet the dogs owners and the pups parent, infact id insist on it as id like to see what the temperment of the pups parents are like and condition, and then to pick it up, im also willing to sighn any paperwok stating that id never cross the pup later on....
If you dont see problems in travel, I think the best thing you can do is take time and vizit a summer camp that happen all years in Slovakia, Poland and Czech Republic, there you will be able to meet some different wolfdogs as breeders, also will be able to see bonitations and some exams like SVP's, ever you will find someone who talk english there so the language will not be a real problem, and the best, if the UK rules allow ( no need quarantaine or special exams), you can even comes back with your puppie.
Old 15-05-2009, 21:20   #10
Puma
Ottokar lovers

Like it or not, but a basic BUSINESS principle states:

pricing depends on demand and supply.

Be it a CSW, be it a car (a BMW in The Netherlands is almost double the price compared to Germany), be it any 'product'.

So when people start trading dogs, this rule applies. As long as people buy for the price mentioned, the asking price won't go down.
Puma jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2009, 00:20   #11
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
Like it or not, but a basic BUSINESS principle states:

pricing depends on demand and supply.

Be it a CSW, be it a car (a BMW in The Netherlands is almost double the price compared to Germany), be it any 'product'.

So when people start trading dogs, this rule applies. As long as people buy for the price mentioned, the asking price won't go down.

sorry dont agree,i have been oferd dogs very cheep but i dont care, im lookin for a good quality dog. most people wont sell to uk, but im holdin out for a perfect male. fuck the price i want a good blood line
Old 16-05-2009, 11:04   #12
Puma
Ottokar lovers

next business principle for you then: quality pays off.
Puma jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2009, 14:14   #13
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
in 2003 i bred the first litter of CWS in uk every person i sold a puppy to signed a written agreement with me that they would never cross breed to any other breed of dog other than a pure bred CWS, only 1 person has kept to the agreement they signed, the rest of the money scaming B.....ds just made money from the dogs because they could sell the pups saying they had wolf in them,,,,, there was never any excuse to cross breed these beautiful dogs as a passport can take you and your dog to any country in Europe where i am sure plenty of breeders would only be to glad to help the breed in uk, i know this well as my bitchs go to Europe to be bred, one reason why i have only bred 3 litters to date, the agreements where abused by the new owners, as for price of pups, it is up to the breeders my last litter where all sold for £1000 and some went cheaper as they went to working homes and are now in training programes, one is being trained by police and one is being trained as sniffer dog,, the CWS is still rare breed and when you take for example in uk, old english bulldog will cost you £1800, malamute will cost from £1000-1200, some small breeds start at £2000...so if the more common dogs fetch these prices what would a CWS be worth ?? I myself will pay good money for the right dog with the right lines, then i will do as we all do take a chance on breeding and hope we get what we want from the mating,,,,so people in uk should get to know breeders in Europe, you can met plenty of people at dog shows and via internet, last time i bred my bitch was to Holland, it cost £29 return on boat, 2 hr drive to Holland fuel approx 30 euros not pounds excluding my stud fee it worked out max £60 and a good day with friends, it is cheaper than driving to Scotland in uk, so no excuses can possible be made as to why people in uk can not travel to Europe and get there CWS mated...........pacino
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2009, 14:28   #14
solowolf

Quote:
sorry dont agree,i have been oferd dogs very cheep but i dont care, im lookin for a good quality dog. most people wont sell to uk, but im holdin out for a perfect male. fuck the price i want a good blood line
i know your bloodlines and as i have said you must go over this web site and hunt for the most compatable dog to put over your bitch, you can look at the lines in the pedigrees and for a good type dog that will reduce on the inbreeding side, one problem for us all in uk is that untill i submit the final papers to kennel club your dogs have no pedigrees, i have friends in Europe that know me well and they know the breed will very soon be registered here and they will let me use there dogs to breed to my stock, i think some people forget that the original first litter was registered by the u.k. kennelclub, it was only the law with defra that undone it all, but now the change in law makes the CWS legal it is not a problem anymore for us, i think i have already sent you copy of email i got from kennel club asking me to go ahead with the breed recognition this year? anyway its nearly complete so hang in there im doing my best for all you CWS owners,,,,,,we have waited over 6 yrs a few months will not kill us ,,,,,,pacino
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 23:58   #15
wolfeywolf

I myself have been reserching the breed as a breed for my family for a fair few years now. One of my stumbling blocks was the house we had at the time and area we lived. Now we have moved house and one that is far more suitable with a extermlly large garden.
I would still dearly love the breed to be included into my family. I know we have them here in the UK and do know a breeder. I want a pure bred dog and not a cross inuit. I would be more than willing that make the effort to travel, get myself a passport and leave england for the first time in my life in order to find the RIGHT stud dog if I was to get a bitch. I do not want to breed them for money. I don't need the money that badly that sleeping on the sofa for weeks and being a slave to puppies could jusitify. I have always adored the breed for what they are as a Breed, it's qualities as both a working dog and for the experienced dog handler, a wonderful family companion. I would also love to know of their vesatility as a dog for the disabled and wether they could excell within this field also.

I have had dogs all my life, and since the age of 14 I fell deeply for this breed. I am now 32 and my love for them has not faltered. Only now I am in a poistion to be able to have another dog to add to my family. I do not work anymore (housewife now ) and I do not holiday as I have a smallhlding to run. So I dedicate my life to my family and my animals.

I will sign any solicitors agreement with regards to breeding as my views are that I would only want to breed pure, otherwise, what would be the purpose of breeding? as it would not produce me anything that I could keep and register when Pauls hard work comes together.
wolfeywolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 21:17   #16
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
It is always hard to start... Everywere it was the same... I remember the time when Poland was treated like "Third World" - if someone was interested in a puppy but was not personal friend of the breeder it was not possible to get a puppy from the best kennels and if you found someone who was prepared to send you the puppy to abroad you always get the worsest one. Sure also today I see that some breeders sell pet-wolfdogs even to people which clearly say they want a show quality dog. But it is no more intended behaviour but lack of knowledge about the typical look of CzW by some breeders.

Now it changed a lot. Thanks to the information flow through the internet the breeders and owners in Europe have the possiblity to get the puppies were ever they want.

It is also changing in the case of USA and Russia. I would say till this year it was not possbile even for people REALLY interested in this breed from these countries to get good quality puppies (if they didn't have good contact with CzW breeders).
The problem of USA was that the breed was not recognized by AKC and many dogs were imported as "wolfdogs" (non purebreed). People were not interested in CzW as a breed.
Russia was the country where "wolfdogs get lost"...
So for years the only possiblity for CzW fans from USA, Canada or Russia to get a CzW was to order puppies in kennels which do not care about the future of their dogs and sell dogs to everyone who pay the price.... They were doomed to get the puppies from kennels which produce (and not breed) dogs....

Since the CzW owners in USA and Russia get organized I see also the attitude is changing and I hear more and more "yes, I will send the puppy to.." where you heard "NEVER" before...

UK is a different story... In the beginning the attitude to the CzW breeders in UK was very good. We heard about efforts to get CzW recognized there.... but "one day" it changed.... The imported CzW were mixed with wolves to get wolfdogs in the american type, they were mixed with any kind of "wolf alike" mixes like Utanongans, Inuits, Cry Wolfs and other... At the moment someone from UK who is interested in good quality purebreed CzW is forced to get one from the "hidden puppy mills" (kennels producing puppies selling them to everyone - even if they have great PR here on Wolfdog and seem to be "normal" kennels). Because I do not know any responsible breeder which will ship puppy to UK to unknown person (to a newcomer). The only chance have people which are "visible" on Wolfdog already for a longer time (Nebulosa knows it really good as she is the first person in Brasil who imported a CzW , also for you Tikaani it should be not a problem to find a dog which will meet of your expectations)...

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP

Last edited by z Peronówki; 13-07-2009 at 21:25.
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 21:45   #17
wolfeywolf

Same. I want a good quality dog from a good kennels which has a good reputation.
I would not want to ever think of getting a poorly bred dog just because I could. After all, It's going to cost either way and my money would be better in the hands of someone who cares for their dogs than to someone who sees them only as a means to make money. I have waited a long time and this is not something that is a fly by night want.

I am happy to jump through hoops if it means I get the perfect companion.
Old 14-07-2009, 00:57   #18
wolfeywolf

I have always loved the breed. I have no intention of cross breeding at all as this does the breed no favers and changes them from what it is about them that I fell for. I don't want a cross, lots are available but they are not what I am wanting.
17 years ago I fell in love with the breed when I borrowed a book from the library and since then, even having to cope with paying friends to use their dial up internet connection to research, until I got my own pc, then broadband and yet more research.
Nothing will change my mind. My only reason for not having them now is because they weren't legal in the UK and I'd want my dog to be involved socialy as what would be the point of having a dog if you couldn't enjoy life together?

I have fallen hard and with so much bad taste caused by uk crosses, it now seems that it has become even harder, now that the DEFRA restrictions have been removed. I don't want to find out later that the dog I have bought to be my companion, turns out that I can not show or was missold as a cross. To be fair, ones I have seen advertised have been genuine as to it being a cross, but for what purpose other than money and pet? I could not show, then on passing health test, breed and hope to produce quailty to also show.

I would seriously love to hear from breeders who, if prospective owner from the UK was to jump through all hoops put in place, would allow a pure registered Dog into the Uk to a loving home who has admired and researched the breed since early teens.