Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 02-06-2008, 03:31   #1
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa
Default CzW adaptation in Brazil

When I was searching more information's about the breed some people reply to me that CzW won't get adapted to the climate of my country because was too hot and too different.
So, 3 month's and half pass since the two first's czechoslovakian wolfdogs comes to live with me in Brazil and I wish write a little bit about their adaptation.
I comes back with two dogs, one yung lady called Jezebeth with 11 months and one crazy puppy called Oskár with 2 months, all that in the end of the summer.
Luckly when I arrived the climate was crazy and the temperature get down to 12/15ºC, they arrive at that temperature, good one nor hot nor cold, 4 days pass and the temperature get back to the 35ºC up, and this temperature stay even the end of the summer.
I live on south of Brazil, one of the few places in Brazil where have winter, but our climate is completly crazy, at summer times we can find some cold day's and at winter times we can find some summer days, the only difference is the at winter most time is cold and at summer mostly is hot. Normally all animals here start to have winter coat at end of summer cause in autumn we have some subid down at temperature as some hot times.
After we comes back the temperatures start to up turning these last summer times in one of the most hot of the year, sometimes the temperature reached 40ºC, now we're almost at winter and the temperature not up to 20ºC.
The only conclusion I arrive is that hot, for more infernal that it can be, isn't problems for CzW, the CzW, even with winter coat tame these times better than dogs breeds that born and was created here and teorically are accostumated with hot.
The adaptation of the two dogs was completly different, Oskár comes with puppy reddish foxy coat, he start to have it changed for the addult coat normally, the addult coat that comes comes already prepared for the winter and turning more and more full when the time pass independant of the temperature, now that the temperature start down we can see that he was preparing for the winter, nothing different there, he made a normal coat change as any animal that born here do, but the difference appear in Jezebeth, she follow her brothers shedding at same time, few time she lost complettly the coat and start seems a Suricate, it would be perfect if the summer haven't end, when the temperature down I saw a wolfdog passing cold in a teorically hot place (), we had a little " summer times" at our autumn and now the temperature fixed down, in about 1 week her coat start to grow and turn full, I not know how full and big her coat will be because I don't have idea about how strong our winter will be, the only thing I note is that when more the time pass and more close to the winter we are more beautifull and full coat they gain.
The conclusion that I arrive is that this breed is really prepared to the most different climates and situations, capable to make a really quickly adaptation on their body for tame with this difference, this is something that not all dog breed can do.

Paula H. Pandolfo