Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Dog shows

Dog shows Our show successes, how to prepare a CzW, how to show him...

Old 18-08-2009, 21:35   #21
jasmine

It would be high time to OFF this topic,before you hurt more people!!!!!
jasmine jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 07:31   #22
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Hello Massimo,
I only answeerd, I did not start attack somebody ))
I want only write: (and I know I write the same again)
If dog is normal, sanquinik, selfconfident, it has not "bad moment" and nobody can make bad fotos of this dog. I am only sad, when will be more and more normal to see on shows wolfdogs with tail under. Not care WHY. If they don´t like podium, noise on shows, etc.
If I will have shy wolfdog, I will not take him to national, international show, where is much other people, cameras, maybe TV....It makes bad view to our breed.
I can take shy wolfdog to some clubshow, because club show is more about results of breeding, seeing to genopool,.....
I don´t want degrade our wolfdogs to level of Saarlos.
Czech. wolfdog is working breed and I am sad, when I see, it is more and more only pet dog for garden with wolfish face.
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 09:10   #23
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
H)
If dog is normal, sanquinik, selfconfident, it has not "bad moment" and nobody can make bad fotos of this dog.
Sorry but this is simply not true as everybody knows who knows about dogs. I have seen dogs of yours having a bad moment and could have made a bad foto if I would have wanted to.
Dogs are living beings and have bad moments like we do...

Ina

Last edited by michaelundinaeichhorn; 19-08-2009 at 10:26.
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 09:21   #24
jasmine

I have got some bad pics about Hanka's dogs..... shell I put it to this forum?????
Of course not....this is the big differences inbetween the people who just like mix the shit here and those who want use this site realy just for the BREED!
jasmine jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 17:53   #25
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Hanka, your words are very true in theory but in reality the % of dogs who correspond to this description is minimal...
If I was judge of course I would give a lot of importance to dog with tail under belly as a negative mark...but tail under belly is not only sign of shyness but also of moment or uncomfortable moment.
I have to agree with Ina, all dogs can have "difficult" moments.

I don't care and don't want to see bad photos of Hanka's dogs, and would strongly appreciate if we returned to a more relaxed attitude. After all we are humans and not wild wolves... (aren't we?? )

And I repeat once more, a dog like Alud doesn't win shows with Dora or Stefik if it is really shy or just because of its good handler.

For me this is absolutely my last post on this thread.
Old 19-08-2009, 23:57   #26
martiou07

Send a message via MSN to martiou07 Send a message via Skype™ to martiou07

I do not know this female, indeed since a number of times I see his name arising at the time exposure. Also, Hanka, I completely include/understand your fear on the character of dogs and having however excel result… I also put myself questions about the titles gained by dogs in France…

now, I think of why a dog adopts this posture :

* all access, as you think it in connection with this female, fear

* at the time confrontation, many dogs carry their tail in this way in order to protect their genitals

* at the time of play some also adopt this posture in same optics, protection of genitals

not knowing this female, I cannot to express on it, but just to have enormously possible assumption….

Do Hanka know enough this female to conclude so quickly on its character?? already saw in a context except exposure??

my male Apache very recently passed its bonitation, it had the note Of

this dog fear of nothing has, a super character, and in exposure, when it crosses a Yugoslav shepherd or other guards of herd it adopts sometimes this posture. I always am very astonished by that coming from him

to finish, the photographs are very misleading, and always does not reflect the truth, I believe is not needed; to stop with that. If one day I cross this female, Alud, I could make me an opinion I think just

Last edited by martiou07; 20-08-2009 at 14:51.
martiou07 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 09:00   #27
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Helo Martiou, Massimo,
I must write always the same. If I will have shy dog, I will not take it to some show, where other people can see shy wolfdogs. It is bad for our breed, what was made as working breed.
All my dogs what I have in my kennel in my hands from puppy age are normal, not shy. And I can take them to shows with good feeling. The dogs, what are back to me in older age and I see they are not OK, I try "repair". But: everybody can read about them on my web. I write there open about character of all my dogs.
I think, everybody can have bad fotos of other dogs in gallery. Or no and they are liers. And- of course- from some kennels have people more fotos of shy dogs......
But base idea of this article is always the same. The showing of shy dogs on podium or during afternoon shows is not good for our breed. Not care why this dog have tail under . Maybe these dogs are normal in other situation, but nobody look at them at home. The people on show make fotos of dogs on the podium and these fotos can be in dogmagazines and much people can see it.
Bad is- much people what see wolfdogs on shows in the World things, it is normal character of wolfdogs. Tail under stomach. Brrrr. And if we will do it always and always , more and more people will have bad meaning about this breed.
Is it the same wolfdog what Mr. Hartl and Mr. Rosik made for czechoslovak army?
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 09:42   #28
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
I must write always the same. If I will have shy dog, I will not take it to some show, where other people can see shy wolfdogs. It is bad for our breed, what was made as working breed.
If I had a shy dog of any breed (luckily I don't ) I wouldn't take it to a dog show either, but for entirely different reasons than you, Hanka. Why should any decent owner expose his/her "best friend" to stressful or uncomfortable situations again and again? For me animal welfare is more important than sick ambitions of the owners or what other people think of the breed!!!

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 15:06   #29
martiou07

Send a message via MSN to martiou07 Send a message via Skype™ to martiou07

Hello Hanka, I said includes/understands your point of view, me completely I know this female that on photograph, can you say to us how is it in the life of the every day?? except exposure??
of course, it is preferable to present well in exposure dogs in their head, but even with a bad character, it is good to present dogs if they have a real potential for the reproduction, what do you think?
That timorous dogs obtain titles, c' is the choice of the judges, and like to you it done, with each one its own opinion on this subject…

martiou07 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 01:33   #30
pariduzz

Send a message via MSN to pariduzz

Success also is this, success exposes to the critics.They take so many prizes and so many applause but the critics and the observations cannot be avoided.We are not able to pretend to receive only praises and compliments.

Alud is a dog so destinated to the success that she had a particular life( as justly it noticed navarre), she had to pass a great part of her life around for the europ with extraneous people and among different stresses.

I have seen her the first time to campobasso,(15/09/06 she won all:bob,bog etc...), she had the tail among the legs(she wosthe only dog present in open class female). When I drew me near to her in a moment of break she showed very timorous and reserved .

I don't know if now she is improved but in good part I find the observations of Hanka are in right.
Old 29-08-2009, 02:31   #31
SusanneDrage

Default Sad story to read

Please everyone, dont judge a dog, because of a picture!!
I´m quite new on this forum, and I´m sad to read all your comments on this tread.
No one knew why the dog have the tail betwen its legs, a normal dog react this way, if there is trouple nearby. Other dogs show their theeth, and lay their ears down, shake legs and hold their tale bagwords. I found this dog more dangerous, because it will bite before you know. A dog with tails betwen legs, are a surrender, you can read clearly.
My son is driving Speedway, when you take photos on the driving area, the picthure never tell the real story, someone looklike they are in front, when they are in the corners, but when they are coming to the longside, you really see who are in front.
If a judge has given the dog a price, it must be allright, the judge was at the showplace this day. and found the dog allright in the moment.
I breed horses, and when we are at showplaces whit our horses, one of our horses also can have a bad day, or someone can take a papparazzi-picthure of them in a stupid moment. I can put some wery stupid picthures of one of our horses on this tread, if you like, picthures taken of our selves, the same day the horse won everything!!!
So please don´t judge, if you was not there.
SusanneDrage jest offline   Reply With Quote