Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Press, TV and commercials

Press, TV and commercials Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs in press, commercials, video clips and TV (playing themself or wolves) Articles and programs about this breed....

Old 11-06-2010, 22:09   #1
Gypsy Wolf

Default "Wolfdog" Magazine!

Hi all, here is a link to the new periodical, "Wolfdog" Magazine
http://wolfdogsmagazine.org/#
It looks interesting, but not sure if it is applicable - if it's all about "hybrids" does it apply in any way to vlcaks?
Will it have information useful to me?
Is it worth the $40 a year subscription price?
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 22:41   #2
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

Sure it is worth the price. There are lots of important information for wolfdog owners in general. And you will wonder how "Hybrids" can work. There were stories about csw and saarloos as well. You always learn more and more about the wolfdogs.

Christian

PS: Did you have a look at Anthonys csv statistic?
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:40   #3
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
Hi all, here is a link to the new periodical, "Wolfdog" Magazine
http://wolfdogsmagazine.org/#
It looks interesting, but not sure if it is applicable - if it's all about "hybrids" does it apply in any way to vlcaks?
Will it have information useful to me?
Is it worth the $40 a year subscription price?
Just my fife cents:
I can´t find any impressum, no hints who is responsible, who is the seller. Even if you want to advertise nothing shows up but a mail-adress. That woudn´t be a good sign for a German magazin and I would ask myself for the reasons for this.
Normally you can order one edition for a try or there is somewhere something like the terms and conditions you subscribe for, this is nowhere to be found here , it also takes 1-2 month till you hear at all from the company...
I did understand that you are also interested in vlcaks because of their working skills not just into their looks, you could have easily get yourself a hybrid in your country if you would have liked to. I doubt, that you will find anything usefull about them in a hybrid magazin that seems to just publish stories people send in, because I doubt, that the people sending in stories about vlcaks will have the same point of view you have or the same reasons to get a vulcak. At least it wouldn´t be more than all the stories you can get here for free.

Regards
Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:25   #4
hanninadina

Hey Luna´s Mom,

that is the problem with some people over here, they know nothing, did not even have a look in that magazine and are declaring things they do know nothing about it. Everybody knows who the publisher is.

It is the same with the two books from Nicole Wilde, Living with wolfdogs and Wolfdogs from A-Z, are high recomanded by the best and most known dog people and scientist even as useful normal dog owners, but I bet you can find people over here who will make the same statement as above....

I got already 4 issues and I know over here in europe more and more people have it, as far as I know they send the wolfdogmagazine in 12 or 15 countries worldwide.

Best regards
Christian
Old 12-06-2010, 10:08   #5
Fede86
Entità cinofila da web...

I bought both Nicole Wilde's books and I subscribed to Wolfdog Magazine, and I highly racommend both
The magazine is very well made, it's not just a collection of other people's stories, it's a collection of experiences and point of views, among other things, and it's really interesting to read.
Fede86 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:19   #6
michaelundinaeichhorn

So who is the editor? It is very unusual not to show this on a homepage, I can´t follow the argumentation with Nicole Wilde´s book as you can clearly see who has written it.
And who wrote the stories about vlcaks?
And can you only buy one or do you have to take the whole one year edition?

Ina

Last edited by michaelundinaeichhorn; 12-06-2010 at 11:22.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:24   #7
Angelika

Sara asked if the magazine does apply in any way to CsW.

Does it????????

If anybody answers "yes" I´m prepared to dig out all green smilies I can find.
Angelika jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:33   #8
hanninadina

Angelika, that is why I put it in the context with both books from Nicole Wilde, because everybody can learn from every wolfdog, it does not matter if pure breed with fci-papers or without being a recognized wolfdog breed.

I am sorry to say, because of people like fam Eichhorn and there exist even in the US several from, that do know nothing about northamerican wolfdogs and think they do and make false and wrong statements - gossip - only because of pictures and reading from people who got problems with their dogs and not accepting that the vast majority of wolfdog owners have no problems, the people from wolfdogmagazine does not like to stand in front. But there is no problem for them:

Here you can see one of the editors:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ScottsWo.../3/oOiyAJPFHR4

with more videos and the other is one of the most established wolfdog breeder in the US for more than 20 years:

www.thewolfcrossing.org

and there are a few more people who are involved.

Everyone who have wolfdogs must be an open person, it would be better for the breed!

Christian

Last edited by hanninadina; 12-06-2010 at 12:36.
Old 12-06-2010, 17:42   #9
michaelundinaeichhorn

Last edited by michaelundinaeichhorn; 12-06-2010 at 17:47. Reason: Feeding the troll is always wrong....
Old 12-06-2010, 17:57   #10
hanninadina

You did edti to late, I got your question, how the names are? Better you try to read than to ask. But are you now interested in american wolfdogs? Hahahah, lol,

Christian
Old 12-06-2010, 18:40   #11
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina View Post
Angelika, that is why I put it in the context with both books from Nicole Wilde, because everybody can learn from every wolfdog, it does not matter if pure breed with fci-papers or without being a recognized wolfdog breed.

I am sorry to say, because of people like fam Eichhorn and there exist even in the US several from, that do know nothing about northamerican wolfdogs and think they do and make false and wrong statements - gossip - only because of pictures and reading from people who got problems with their dogs and not accepting that the vast majority of wolfdog owners have no problems, the people from wolfdogmagazine does not like to stand in front. But there is no problem for them:

Here you can see one of the editors:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ScottsWo.../3/oOiyAJPFHR4

with more videos and the other is one of the most established wolfdog breeder in the US for more than 20 years:

www.thewolfcrossing.org

and there are a few more people who are involved.

Everyone who have wolfdogs must be an open person, it would be better for the breed!

Christian
A name is the funny words people always say when they try to get your attention or the head of your adress on a letter. It is not a video or a link of a homepage. The word Christian is part of your name.
Normally the editors of magazins have somewhere a place where it is written together with the adress. I lived under the impression that they even have to have it in Germany.

But I am getting rather of topic, as Angellika already mentioned did we get the impression that the question was if the magazin does apply in any way to CSW; so if there have been any articles about Saarloos or CSW the author and of course the article itself would be quite interesting for me.
Maybe Fede86 can help?

Ina

Last edited by michaelundinaeichhorn; 12-06-2010 at 18:45.
Old 12-06-2010, 18:55   #12
Fede86

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
Maybe Fede86 can help?

Ina

Yes, there are articles about Saarloos WDs and Czechoslovakian WDs, but they are not "tecnincal" articles about the breed, just stories from people owning them and talking about their dogs. Other things you can find in the magazine are experiences of other WDs owners (mostly american WDs), there are also articles about working wolfdogs (Search and Rescue, Ambassadors of Educations etc), storical articles about wolfdogs in USA, tips on socialization, articles about training, health, wolfdogs care and so on.

The magazine is new, they just are at their fourth issue for now, and that's the content this far.

Last edited by Fede86; 12-06-2010 at 19:05.
Old 12-06-2010, 18:59   #13
michaelundinaeichhorn

Thank you!
And is it possible to get just one of the magazines or do you have to buy a whole years edition?
Old 12-06-2010, 19:00   #14
Fede86

Quote:
the question was if the magazin does apply in any way to CSW
If you are sure Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs ARE indeed wolfdogs, I guess the answer is obivious...

As I sayd you won't find anything "tecnical" about the breed, but the magazine gives some tips on how to take care of a wolfdog in general, because of that I think it's quite interesting to read, expecially for someone who is at his/her first experience with a CSW
Old 12-06-2010, 19:02   #15
Fede86

Quote:
Thank you!
And is it possible to get just one of the magazines or do you have to buy a whole years edition?
I'm not sure, I didn't try to find out
Old 12-06-2010, 19:12   #16
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fede86 View Post
If you are sure Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs ARE indeed wolfdogs, I guess the answer is obivious...
Well, as I work with European wolves every day in a very close way I am sure CSW are dogs. From the character point of view they are true dogs. They made a great progress in this direction since the last decade. So I am not sure if they are wolfdogs in the sense of this magazin. That was the reason for the question.
Old 12-06-2010, 19:19   #17
hanninadina

Why you do not ask the people who make the magazine? I told them already that you will be interested. It would be very good for people like you to order the whole 6 issues per year so you can learn more about other wolfdogs than swh and csw, because there are about 1 Million and not only 5.000 like the csw is in number worldwide. Like I wrote it is always good to be open if you are a wolfdog owner.

This is not a big company who makes the magazine like it is in germany (europe) normal in these dog and nature magazine. These are a few wolfdog crazy people who want that people get to know wolfdogs from what they are. In the media there are almost bad articles about problem cases. And now there is the wolfdogmagazine.

Christian
Old 12-06-2010, 19:37   #18
Fede86

Quote:
Well, as I work with European wolves every day in a very close way I am sure CSW are dogs. From the character point of view they are true dogs.
Something we completely agree about!

But the magazine is about wolfdogs, not about WOLVES, and it deals with wolfdogs with different wolf blood content, from very low (a category you could put the CWD in) to very high.

I'll tell you one of the reasons why I bought the magazine:

I can find some characteristics in the CWD character/behavior that I find "similar" to those american wolfdogs seems to have and that require to be dealt with the same way. Socialization for example, they may be easier to socialize if the bloodline is well bred, but still the socialization they require is generally more extensive and different from other breeds. Another example, the way they respond to training, I find it more similar to what they describe about american wolfdogs than to GDS, but then again, I guess it depends from the bloodline/family... If I learned something about CWD in the years I've known the breed is that they are not quite an homogeneous breed yet, personally I find great variations on temperament, aptitudes and so on...)
Take for example the Resource Management Theory. Many people say it's an obsolete method to deal with a dog, because dogs are not wolves and the resource management is something you learn from "wolf society". I may agree or may not, depending on the breed. I may find rediculous to apply resource management to a Bull Terrier, but I personally think it's quite an effective way to deal with a CWD.

In the end, I would probably find the magazine (and also Nicole Wilde's books) useful and interesting even if I had a Laika or a Canaan Dog.

Last edited by Fede86; 12-06-2010 at 20:56.
Old 12-06-2010, 19:44   #19
Fede86

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina View Post

I completely agree!

Another reason to buy the magazine: you may realize that the "breed" (the american WD) is actually different from what you may expect...

Last edited by Fede86; 12-06-2010 at 19:48.
Old 12-06-2010, 19:48   #20
hanninadina

Funny you mentioned Laika and Canaan Dog, Bob Wayne the world well know genetic Prof wrote in april 2010 that in canaan dogs is wolf inside, like in Saluki, Basenji of course, Akita, Malamute, Siberian Husky.

And Laika, sure everybody knows, they have wolfblood too inside, personal telling from Prof. Dr. Pierotti to me.

Christian