Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Health and nutrition

Health and nutrition How to feed a Wolfdog, information about dog food, how to vaccinate and what to do if the dog gets ill....

Old 09-04-2012, 14:55   #1
André

Post Heat

Hi all,

My female started to bleed for 3 weeks and then stopped for one week. I thought it was gone. After the contact with some wolfdogs she is bleeding again (much more now) for some days. This is her first heat.

Another interesting thing. While she is in the heat she doesn't change her behavior with "regular" dogs - very sociable and playful. But with wolfdogs I saw her (for the first time) reactive and protective.

What is the duration of the heat of your females? The behavior changed? I would like to have a larger notion of the breed in this aspect.

Old 13-04-2012, 15:48   #2
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by André View Post
Hi all,

My female started to bleed for 3 weeks and then stopped for one week. I thought it was gone. After the contact with some wolfdogs she is bleeding again (much more now) for some days. This is her first heat.

Another interesting thing. While she is in the heat she doesn't change her behavior with "regular" dogs - very sociable and playful. But with wolfdogs I saw her (for the first time) reactive and protective.

What is the duration of the heat of your females? The behavior changed? I would like to have a larger notion of the breed in this aspect.

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote