Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 03-12-2011, 18:25   #1
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs
Question csv's and 'wolfblood'

i was wondering if people can help me out on this theory,as other than the basics(and husky coat colour)i an definitely no expert in 'genetics'

http://www.wolfdogproject.com/percent.htm (the 'marble' section)

i know csv's are a breed of dog,and classed as such as there is no 'recent' wolf blood,but according to this theory they dont contain any 'wolfblood' it has been 'bred out',if this is the case,what explains their 'wolfy behaviour' and why would only the wolfblood go of course i understand that some csv's would be more wolfy and some more gsd like as its a lottery what genes each dog would inherit..no?its said wolf genes are not inherited the same way as dog ones are,how does that work?and how does that effect the wild wolves that are 'said' to contain dog
also based on this, is 'phenotyping' a 'wolfdog'(or wolfcross) of unkown parentage accurate? as there is no doubting imo that csv's look wolfy and look like they contain wolfblood,but if it is said they are not classed as wolfdogs i do not see how it would work with low or mid content looking dog

i mean,i dont care either way,as i dont wish to own a 'pet wolf' i want my DOGS,but im just a little confused ,any thoughts?(if i have explained my self properly)

thanks
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote