Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Press, TV and commercials

Press, TV and commercials Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs in press, commercials, video clips and TV (playing themself or wolves) Articles and programs about this breed....

Old 24-09-2009, 21:35   #1
michaelundinaeichhorn

Default Report about CSW

I know that most of you don´t understand German and don´t get these programm but on Tuesday afternoon there will be breed-portrait in the German Television. http://www.swr.de/im-gruenen-rp/-/id...jp7/index.html
This time ist will be special one because they did spend the whole afternoon today to film Falin=Altai and me on a trail of 3 km incl. cartrail through our town. Neither the camerateam that tryed to keep our pace nor me did now where the "vicitim" did go and I was really happy (and proud) about my great dog finding her trail without any real difficulties.
The report can be found also on internet after Tuesday and I will but the new adress here in this forum then.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 22:26   #2
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Awesome! I can't wait to see the report (even though my German is limited!)!

Marcy
Old 24-09-2009, 22:39   #3
sciamalaia

Vielen Dank!!
Ich hoffe die Wiederholung im Internet anzusehen (und etwas zu verstehen..)..
sciamalaia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 17:27   #4
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Thumbs up

Excellent work Ina

Very best regards / Mikael
Old 26-09-2009, 12:34   #5
Rona
Distinguished Member

Wow, congratulations, Ina...

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 20:09   #6
Per Olav

Send a message via MSN to Per Olav

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
[--] The report can be found also on internet after Tuesday and I will but the new adress here in this forum then.

Ina
Wonderful reading, Ina. Waiting with excitement for the the internet report.
Thanks
--
Per Olav
Per Olav jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 20:14   #7
Angelika

Quote:
This time ist will be special one because they did spend the whole afternoon today to film Falin=Altai and me on a trail of 3 km incl. cartrail through our town.

An absolutely fantastic report!! Bravo!!!

Thank you, Ina and Altai, for teaching us what a CSW is able to do.

Last edited by Angelika; 29-09-2009 at 20:24.
Angelika jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 20:30   #8
Per Olav

Default When on the Net?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelika View Post
An absolutely fantastic report!! Bravo!!!

Thank you, Ina and Altai, for teaching us what a CSW is able to do.
And when will it be available on the net? I've already promised the readers of my blog and on Facebook a stunning experience

Last edited by Per Olav; 29-09-2009 at 20:42.
Old 29-09-2009, 23:32   #9
michaelundinaeichhorn

Well, I am really sorry (especially because I haven´t seen the report now, being at work) but it is only on the net as a text:
http://www.swr.de/im-gruenen-rp/-/id...jp7/index.html
I will recieve a DVD but I don´t think I can put it into the net because of the copyright.
But I anyway planned to make a video the same way, film the way the "vicitim" takes and than the dog on the trail. Now we have a new camera I will do this soon.

The translation of the site:
The first two parts are about the history of the breed and about cinema movies our dogs were acting in.

We haven´t been interested in their abilities as acttors but in the ability of their noses. We wanted to know if they would be able to find our Moderator Ulrike Nehrbaß in Bad Dürkheim. Of course not walking, that would have been much too easy for wolfdogs.Ina Ziebler-Eichhorn has gone with her female Altai on the trail after a short sniff at Ulrike Nehrbaß scarf.

Hard to believe but Altai was even able to find her trail behind a car At a fuelstation the car passed she didn´t get irritated by the smell of the gasoline. Altai didn´t get of her trail. Shortly afterwards she took a shortcut over a big parkinglot. A wolfdog can get up to 40km per hours fast (I didn´t understand this, they rund faster but of course trail much slower ) The Team (camera and reporter) started to get exhausted but Altai didn´t show any signs of getting tired. The smell out of a fast food restaurant did attrac her attention only shortly. Our Moderator Ulrike Nehrbaß was close to her destination and passed some big open areas direction of the center of the city. For the dog e new challenge. Big open spaces are difficult, the scentpartikels get spread over the place and are blown into open entrances. But then the first stage win: Altai has found the car. But where did the Moderator go?

The dog was already for nearly an hour on her trail. Her correspondence with the way the Moderator took was very close to 100%. In between her owner made a mistake, didn´t trust her trail for a second. But Altai didn´t want a break but only one thing: to get to her destination.
Her til now most difficult trail was 25 days old, the succesfull search lasted nearly 5 hours (well that´s television I never said that, it took her 1h10 for 4,5 kms.) No wonder she could rely on her great nose this time and find our moderator U.N. The mantrail was succesfull.

Who wants to own a CSW should take care which breeder and papers and have a lot of time. These animals are very intelligent and need a lot of work. This breed needs a more responsible owner than some others.

Mehr im WWW:

Old 30-09-2009, 00:06   #10
Per Olav

Quote:
Well, I am really sorry (especially because I haven´t seen the report now, being at work) but it is only on the net as a text:
http://www.swr.de/im-gruenen-rp/-/id...jp7/index.html
I will recieve a DVD but I don´t think I can put it into the net because of the copyright.
Thanks for your link

In my country TV stations do stream programs like this on the net and the videos are available for viewing and downloading by everyone interrested. Pity it can't be done - I should very much like to present the video to our authoryties and everyone else doubting the working ability and social behaviour of our breed.

Nevertheless I'll be more than happy viewing the result of your movie.

Cheers
--
Per Olav

Last edited by Per Olav; 30-09-2009 at 00:37.
Old 30-09-2009, 07:06   #11
michaelundinaeichhorn

They do it here too but not with everything they produce and they never do it with "im Grünen" the program this took part in.
I will ask if I can copy the part out of the DVD but I don´t think I am allowed to.
Old 30-09-2009, 08:58   #12
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
...the succesfull search lasted nearly 5 hours (well that´s television I never said that, it took her 1h10 for 4,5 kms.)
Yes, that's the problem with our dogs when they track... especially when the "victim" has a stupid idea to put the trail accross a stream in a deep valley Following the dog down and up, in the mud, at the speed of a tracking CSV may be really hazardous...

Ina, very interesting program. I wish I could watch it!

Old 30-09-2009, 09:17   #13
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Yes, that's the problem with our dogs when they track... especially when the "victim" has a stupid idea to put the trail accross a stream in a deep valley Following the dog down and up, in the mud, at the speed of a tracking CSV may be really hazardous...

Ina, very interesting program. I wish I could watch it!
You (meant no special person, just in general) need to learn to act as a team then, that problem exists mainly in the beginning. Your dog needs your part in the team to show him the possibility that the trail will cross the stream and you need to learn to read the dog to see that the trail must continue on the other side.

The 25 days old trail was downtown in a very big city with crossroads with 2-3 lanes in one direction, a dog can´t do this without your help and will learn to follow your directions, like waiting at trafficlights and wait to cross the street until you allow to continue.

By the way there is a great difference between tracking and trailing, in tracking you follow footsteps and the damage they do to the ground, in trailing you follow the microscopic partikels we all loose in the thousands every minute and that are blown over the ground following thermic sensations what is the reason that a trailer will be much faster but mostly not exactly on the track of the person he follows.
Old 30-09-2009, 10:03   #14
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
You (meant no special person, just in general) need to learn to act as a team then, that problem exists mainly in the beginning. Your dog needs your part in the team to show him the possibility that the trail will cross the stream and you need to learn to read the dog to see that the trail must continue on the other side.
Lorka is very young, just begins working with her nose.... Finding a 2 hr trail on the other side of the stream was not a bit of a problem for her, but the pace at which she did it was a problem for me We have to work on synchronizing our "fitness".
Anyway, thanks for the comments. We still need to learn a lot, but it's fun!

Old 30-09-2009, 11:17   #15
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Hi Ina, great job, I am very sorry I couldn't watch it in TV. And I am sorry about it not being posted on net to watch... I was hoping for a material for the CSV presentation at the world dog show...
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 11:22   #16
michaelundinaeichhorn

Hello Saschia,

we will get the DVD and even if it doesn´t arrive in time there is a TV-copy available. You even can by the DVD for private use only. To show the DVD on a show is not really commercial I will anyway call the TV-company and ask if we are allowed to show it on your show and maybe iin the internet on a private site.
If not I will try to get an own one with my camera but time is a problem at the moment. But we will arrive at Wendesday afternoon and if you really need it we can maybe make one in Bratislava.
Old 30-09-2009, 11:45   #17
saschia

That would be great, Ina. Any material you give me to present at the show would be greatly appreciated, and if you'll have time and energy to make it in Bratislava, I am ready to help.
Old 30-09-2009, 11:53   #18
michaelundinaeichhorn

I just called the head of the filmteam and he thinks it should be somewhere as a film, he will ask for the link and call me back.
We are not allowed to show the DVD and nobody will get a permission, he is really sorry for that but can´t help it.

So I will try to find time and people to do it here or we will meet in Bratislava - we will need a PC also when we do it there and at least one more person.

I would really like to show it because I think this is what this breed is born for and in which it is one of the best. And I find it much mor sensible to concentrate on this abilities than to concentrate everything on the IPO-sport part where they will never be on the top.

Last edited by michaelundinaeichhorn; 30-09-2009 at 12:01.
Old 30-09-2009, 14:01   #19
saschia

Then let's do it in Bratislava, the PC and a person will be arranged. And I'd love to see it live.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:02   #20
mijke

Quote:
So I will try to find time and people to do it here or we will meet in Bratislava - we will need a PC also when we do it there and at least one more person.

I would really like to show it because I think this is what this breed is born for and in which it is one of the best. And I find it much mor sensible to concentrate on this abilities than to concentrate everything on the IPO-sport part where they will never be on the top.
Great Ina! I am really looking forewords to see it in Bratislava!

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote