Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 05-05-2011, 10:18   #81
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

hi
this is a free site but also an open forum.
I believe it is one's right to express his feelings and disappointment, isn't it not?

I have similar feelings but don't complain, my life is miles away from any internet site... but i don't think we should repraise those who do complain.

Wolfdog.org is not anymore what it used to be, this is a fact.
Many old users (amongst which myself) offered to help if necessary.
Now all of this is not important anymore...considering the things happening in our breed... the whole wolfdog breed is, to my eyes, totally different to what it used to be.
massimo
Old 05-05-2011, 16:15   #82
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

Certainly that is a private project but since it influences? Much.
If someone wants to consult a copy it looks at the web and what it puts gives it good, and if a dog is champion and they do not put it the people do not believe it.
Entendería that there were failures, is normal, but what I do not understand is that alone it puts on the information that is interested and for the rest of information it is said that the web does not work. It is to lie.
I do not pay taxes ...... but this web is kept with private information mia, yours and of the others ..... neither they pay us truth?
pedrocalle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 18:32   #83
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

OK, you have right to your opinion of course.

I have faith someday soon WD will be running again and updated.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 18:35   #84
Morian

Send a message via Skype™ to Morian

pedrocalle
if wolfdog is so bad as you say, what are you still doing here?
Old 05-05-2011, 23:45   #85
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morian View Post
pedrocalle

This opinion has not gone out of my mouth.
What I try to say is that the page, the project and the idea is very good but the manipulation of some or some administrators it is bad

If I am mistaken please that someone explains to me ésto: If the web is broken and they cannot put information for what some information that interest some few ones if they enter?
Old 05-05-2011, 23:50   #86
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfin View Post
maybe a few people and not believe, or this who make a manipulation. from others all are good.
p.s. I am too from this people who have not actualised photo galery my puppy or not have results from dog show, but not cry

If nobody could update photos and information of my dogs I would not cry either
But ... if your you could not update information and I if, what would seem to you?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:17   #87
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
... the whole wolfdog breed is, to my eyes, totally different to what it used to be.
massimo
Ciao Massimo,

good that you're still alive...
This is exactly my opinion and the reason why our next dog is a hunting dog, a Poodle Pointer.

Cheers,
Michael
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 18:11   #88
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocalle View Post
This opinion has not gone out of my mouth.
What I try to say is that the page, the project and the idea is very good but the manipulation of some or some administrators it is bad

If I am mistaken please that someone explains to me ésto: If the web is broken and they cannot put information for what some information that interest some few ones if they enter?
Margo wrote it some time ago, so I'm only repeating: WD is not one entity. It consists of several tools: the database with certified info, which only the Admin can access, the forum, information section (which is broken - we cannot read the articles), gallery, etc. All these sections have to be compatible, but some data visible on the site do not come from the main database. That's why some show results/photos etc. are added earlier than others - they do not require operations on the "raw" database and are being updated by several people (moderators?) Contrary to what some of you say, data of wd owners' dogs and pups in the main database have not been updated since January either.

At the moment, from what I gather, the forum is new and functioning well, but the main database is at the verge of total collapse. Unfortunately, building a new one, with all the new options, means a huge amount of preparatory work done by just one person in his spare time. Only then will it be possible to transfer the old info and add the new that is being continuously collected including results of genetic tests, etc.

To be honest, if updating the old database would carry the risk of its ultimate collapse I'd rather it remained the way it is until the new one is constructed, even if it takes several months.
I don't understand why breeders cannot update their own sites, put links to them on WD in their profiles, signatures etc. and inform on the forum about their consecutive updates. This could be a reasonable temporary solution until the new database is completed.

BTW: It is clear that the obligations of the terms of cooperation are fulfilled by the Admin: adverts of the new litters appear regularly and are frequently refreshed.

I hope my explanations helped some of you grasp how the site functions. if not, I can only quote Morian:
Quote:

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 18:16   #89
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
the whole wolfdog breed is, to my eyes, totally different to what it used to be.
massimo
Hello Massimo - I am new to the breed relatively, so can you tell me what the differences are now and then?
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 18:39   #90
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
Hello Massimo - I am new to the breed relatively, so can you tell me what the differences are now and then?
Wanted to ask the same question

Rona, totally true about the webpages of kennels!
Peolpe do not find time/money/knowledge to update or create even their own sites (no info, no photos, no translations, no updates, no homepages at all), but this hudge database (a genius kind of work for me, as my knowledge in computers stops at building my own hardly working site ) should work like a clock and have all the news added at once.
This is not for somebody personally, just a little observation.

On the other hand... The "deal" was: you give us all the info about your dogs and dogs from your kennel, we publish it here. So it is not strange that some people feel dissapointed or even tricked. Still, we all should understand, that creation and administration of such a database requires time and efforts. In this case there are some problems, not dependant on people, we should all have patience and wait for the New Born Database with (I hope ) new, better possibilities

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 19:32   #91
elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Margo wrote it some time ago, so I'm only repeating: WD is not one entity
IMHO it's a matter of tools, obsolete tools give unmanagable sites. Nowadays, it's rather easy to build from scratch such a website using proper tools such Python + Django .
elf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:59   #92
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
IMHO it's a matter of tools, obsolete tools give unmanagable sites. Nowadays, it's rather easy to build from scratch such a website using proper tools such Python + Django .
You're probably right

That's why I find it even more surprising why all those who regularly complain and grumble here have not created a better WOLFDOG BIS project yet

Old 07-05-2011, 14:43   #93
martiou07

Send a message via MSN to martiou07 Send a message via Skype™ to martiou07

Pedro, I understand your remarks, I know that much people shares your opinion.

You know that me also I would like to see all the results of Doubayh on the database .They will be there.

Now it is necessary to be patient…. Wolfdog is the site of reference on the race,the problems currently, is true, but it is necessary to keep hope on the rebuilding….

martiou07 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 14:16   #94
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

I am grateful for your words Martial but the answers that are given do not convince me, I´m sorry !!!

There are many people who thinks like I and who is not satisfied.

First and that remains clear, that I am a lover of the web until to begun to giving problems

In the answers always one refers to them same, and more and more....
It seems that I have not explained well.

Example:

The gentleman "A" sends information of his dog and of an expo. In WD it does not appear at all because there are problems of web, is torn. OK

The gentleman "B" sends information of his dog and of an expo. In WD they say to him that it does not appear at all because the web is changing. OK

The gentleman "C" sends information of another expo where his dog appears. IN WD it does not appear at all for lack of time, persons, etc. OK

BUT , the gentleman "D" sends the information of his dog and of his expo. In WD it appears to the instant. For him there is no problem ever. For his dog the information is updated always.

Why?

I believe that I have been very clear.
Old 11-05-2011, 18:29   #95
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

I am worry it is slow dead of wolfdog.org- what is sad.....
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 19:18   #96
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
I am worry it is slow dead of wolfdog.org- what is sad.....
It seems now Margo hadn't been such a bad Admin, after all. I keep repeating things can always get worse...

Old 11-05-2011, 19:50   #97
Morian

Send a message via Skype™ to Morian

i wonder how people which use wolfdog (even now, expressing their discontent) can't be satisfied by its work you must be thankful to margo and other persons working here for free and giving us possibility to use database and meet here on this forum. if you're too proud to say thanks, then please calm down and wait quietly until the site will work normally again.
Old 11-05-2011, 22:16   #98
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

Why constant do they allude to another topic? Why do they try to put in my mouth what I do not say?

Perhaps, since it is in the habit of happening, that he thinks otherwise already is it bad?

Nothing has that to see the effort and what means the page with the fact that the things are done well or badly. Neither with the fact that only a minority (not if you will be in her) benefits from all this.

I go approximately 7 years RECOMMENDING web this one all the people, do not I have right to be disappointed by the result that I see?
Old 11-05-2011, 22:37   #99
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocalle View Post

I go approximately 7 years RECOMMENDING web this one all the people, do not I have right to be disappointed by the result that I see?
hmm... too litle strange right = recommending for my this not same
I understand when people who realy work have disappointed, but now
I work like admin, I make lithuanian site, translate all info to ours language, but NOT FEEL disappointing for this who now are.
problem is problem who be fixed in future and end. If not like situation or moore "politics" no problem all people are free and CAN make NEW and BETTER site about wolfdog.

true or not?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:15   #100
Shadowlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfin View Post

true or not?
Very true, but it is too much work for most or they don't understand just how much work is involved. Keep up the good work admin and we must all have faith and patience that the site will, once again, have all it's features. For the moment, put in your requests - but understand that some prioritisation must take place if admin are not to become swamped - and be patient; all will be done in time. I, like many, am waiting for information etc to be updated but continually pestering and harrassing those trying to fix the site will not get my requests done any faster (maybe it will move them down in priority because I am too impatient, I know that if I was in their position this would happen )

So please, everyone, give admin a break, or go off and design and build AND MAINTAIN (that's the really hard bit!) your own WD site.

"all good things come to those who wait" (to quote my Mum and whoever originally said it)
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote