Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 04-04-2009, 12:26   #1
Per Olav

Send a message via MSN to Per Olav
Default czechwolfdog uk

I know this has been discussed earlier on this forum so my appologies for bringing the matter up once more. One of my friends requested the opinnion of this comunity on raising hybrids in the uk based on crossing czeschoslovakian wolfdogs and timber wolves. In his mail my friend referred to the homesite of czechwolf uk.
--
Per Olav

Last edited by Per Olav; 04-04-2009 at 13:18.
Per Olav jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 16:21   #2
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Olav View Post
I know this has been discussed earlier on this forum so my appologies for bringing the matter up once more. One of my friends requested the opinnion of this comunity on raising hybrids in the uk based on crossing czeschoslovakian wolfdogs and timber wolves. In his mail my friend referred to the homesite of czechwolf uk.
--
Per Olav
Way does he wont are opinnion and way do not he join WD.org forum and ask him self ???

Best regards / Mikael
Old 04-04-2009, 16:36   #3
Per Olav

I guess my friend will answer your question by himself if necessary, but for now he just asked if this has been discussed on the forum. My opinnion is clear but I know to little of what has been debated on the forum.
--
Per Olav
Old 04-04-2009, 16:58   #4
tikaani

Default my site

that is my site, sowhat would yr freind want to know about my site? I know alot of peolpe on this site dont like crosses and im sure lots of you will probly make nasty remarks about me having one. i also have a pure Czech wolf dog and No i dont intend crossing her with enything but a nuther czech wolf dog. Iyana the cross is freindly and loving and a joy to have. so if anyone on here wants to ask questions feel free but if your gona make nasty coments dont bother i aint interested...
tikaani jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 17:35   #5
Per Olav

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikaani View Post
that is my site, sowhat would yr freind want to know about my site? I know alot of peolpe on this site dont like crosses and im sure lots of you will probly make nasty remarks about me having one. i also have a pure Czech wolf dog and No i dont intend crossing her with enything but a nuther czech wolf dog. Iyana the cross is freindly and loving and a joy to have. so if anyone on here wants to ask questions feel free but if your gona make nasty coments dont bother i aint interested...
I regret if you feel offended, it was'nt my intention at all. In my country wolf crosses are banned and the fear of creating new hybrids by mixing csv's and wolves was one of several reasons why our Government banned the csv.
--
Per Olav
Old 04-04-2009, 18:25   #6
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikaani View Post
No, I have no problem whit people that owns a wolf cross, however they are not allowed in Sweden, if they are not generation F5 or more...

But I can not really say I support the mixing whit wolf, as they are hard to find a good home to, and I see to the best of the animals...

I only support mixing whit wolf to make a new blood line or breed, I think F1-F4 crosses do not really make a good family pet, (in most familys) and as it looks in the US, about 70% of the buyers can not handle there F1 (hybrid) and it has to move to a new home or wolfdog park whit in the first year, I think that may say something about the real problem...

And that problem is not the Wolfdogs but the new owners miss judgement of how good and experience they really are...

And I do think a F1-F4 can be a good pet in the right home, however I think it is very very rear This might also be the reasen way FCI have generation F5 law

I do not realy know what DEFRA think about mixing a pure breed to wolf or a nother breed ??? But FCI say it is not allowed by them...

I however do not see a problem in this for Norway, way do they not just request DNA test as Sweden do on CsV and Saarloos and ban F1-F4 mixes...

And this is only what I think, I gess you might think differantly...
But I hope we can agree about that a wolf mix is not for whomever

By the way Tikaani, Good website

Very best regards / Mikael

Last edited by Mikael; 04-04-2009 at 18:30. Reason: Text errors
Mikael jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 21:05   #7
tikaani

i absolutly agree, high percent wolfdog are not for every one and i mention that on my site also not to copy how i have brought up mine as all wolfdogs are different and should be treated as such, i have worked with pure wolves for severall years now and as such would never advise some one without experiance to get one.. im glad some of you like my site thank you, the site is to inform and inlighten people about wolf dogs, the good and the bad points, although it is a new site i will be updating it reguley with the good and bad experiances so people can see what they can be like. thank you for you time and best wishes
Old 04-04-2009, 21:11   #8
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Olav View Post
I regret if you feel offended, it was'nt my intention at all. In my country wolf crosses are banned and the fear of creating new hybrids by mixing csv's and wolves was one of several reasons why our Government banned the csv.
--
Per Olav

thank you for your reply, i wasnt ofended but i have come to realise that alot of people on this site do like to have a go over and over about the same things, it is a shame that csv are baned in your country, they are such a lovely and intelagent breed. i hope they chainge there minds over there
Old 04-04-2009, 22:58   #9
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Hi tikaani, I think most of the people are not against mixed dogs as individuals, but against producing mixes. I am opposed to anyone who would ask for a mix (encourage producing one). On the other hand, I support (at least in my mind) anyone who seeks mixes to rescue them from a bad situation and does not encourage their production. It is not the fault of the dogs and they also need a home.

I think with the situation which emergen in Czech republic it is wise when saying A - I have a mix to say also B - I am opposed to their production, or C - I am in favor of their production, because people tend to automaticaly interpret A as A+C, not A+B, and then have a go at that.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote