Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Meetings and travels

Meetings and travels Huge and small - oficial and private... How and where travel with your CzW...

Old 28-06-2006, 20:23   #1
cpw

Send a message via Yahoo to cpw
Default Meeting of North American Wolfdogs?

The database shows 11 wolfdogs in the US and 4 in Canada. Although I do not know where you are all located and this is a big continent I was wondering if their was any interest in planning a gathering. I live in Maine so this would probably be practical only for those near the east coast. Anyone interested? You can private message me through this site.
Charles Wilner
cpw jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 15:58   #2
Kat

That would be great for all of us in the US to get together with our wolfdogs. I live in NY.....
Kat jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 20:08   #3
elkr919

It would be nice, we just had our little girl shipped over from the De l'ame des loups kennel in France. we live in Colorado tho...
elkr919 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2006, 04:32   #4
soniakanavle

Send a message via AIM to soniakanavle

Getting 11 Czech Wolfdogs together sounds like a crazy (but fun) idea!!!! I live in California and I have a 1 year old male, named Flint. WE SHOULD MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!
soniakanavle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2006, 09:49   #5
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy
That sounds like a great idea. The problem would be where to have it.
Somewhere in Kansas? Very centrally located, isn't it?
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 21:03   #6
Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Somewhere in Kansas? Very centrally located, isn't it?
Hi everyone! I would still like to organize a meeting of all the wolfdogs in the states...
Old 06-08-2007, 02:34   #7
cpw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
Hi everyone! I would still like to organize a meeting of all the wolfdogs in the states...
We would love to have a get together. There was little response after the first post to this thread, though. If you are still interested, please let me know again. We'd love ideas of a perfect spot to meet. We're in the process of making our own perfect spot here in Maine, and would welcome any wolfdogs and their humans to vacation here once we're done! Please let us know as soon as possible and maybe we can set something up for next summer. We would live a chance for you all to meet our second CZW pup as well!
Old 06-08-2007, 13:45   #8
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Would it be possible for attend this meeting just for interest? We are considering purchasing a pup at some point, but would LOVE to meet some wolfdogs that are currently residing in the US!

Marcy
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 00:43   #9
roo

Default Good Idea

I would be interested in meeting other CzW owners in the U.S.. I live in Louisiana but would travel.
roo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:15   #10
Kat

Sounds good to me. We are in NY. Seems all of us wolfdog owners are scattered throughout the US.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:04   #11
cpw

A wolfdog owner in Virginia has suggested we meet here http://www.wintergreenresort.com/ What do you think? who would be able to come? To open the meeting to non wolfdog owners would be up to everyone comeing to decide but anyone who wants to come to Maine and meet my dogs is always welcome and I would expect the same opinion from most wolfdog owners.

Charles

It would be nice to get a idea where all the Wolfdogs are in the US.
2 in maine
1 in new york
1 in virginia
1 in louisiana
1 in california
1 in colorado
Thats about half of them. How about checking in and letting us now where you are?
Old 09-08-2007, 00:24   #12
Kat

Sounds like a great resort. You can count me in. Most likely, by next summer, we may have another wolfdog as well.... Being that our guy is 2 years old. Can you guys imagine having 11 wolfdogs together all at once? Boy, that would be a great experience. By the way, does this resort allow dogs? I know that's a silly question, but here in NY, a lot of them don't.
Old 09-08-2007, 00:30   #13
Kat

By the way everyone! Let's see all the wolfdogs pictures that are here in the US!!!

This is my Elek.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:41   #14
zikika

Great!
You are pioneers in your country....

how did all you carried th puppies?By airplane?they could be stay with you in the arm or in the hold?

Bye
Old 10-08-2007, 03:26   #15
Kat

Hello! We actually got our puppy flown to us. They had him in cargo but I have to say, they took real good care of him. They gave him water at all times. They loved him when we went to pick him up. Funny picture above, we taught our little man how to smile! I wish my teeth are as white as his!
Old 10-08-2007, 04:05   #16
cpw

Both of our pups were flown air cargo by Czech Airlines. They took very good care of them. Both arrived clean, calm, and happy. Here are a few pictures.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:34   #17
cpw

That did not work as planned. See some pictures here.
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa181/cpw01/cpw2/
Both our pups flew here on czech airlines. They were clean, calm, healthy and happy.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:41   #18
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Hello,

Summer is still a little ways off...but I was curious, are there any plans in the works for a meeting? I think we are perhaps the newest CsV owners in the US, our sweet Anthea (od Vlci Skaly) arrived 2 weeks ago. She is a firecracker - very smart, obedient, energetic, and witty! She has an incredible food drive!

We live in southeast Virginia - previously there had been talk of meeting at the Wintergreen Resort, which would of course work great for us! But we are also willing to travel.

Also, I am very interested in the starting of a breed club in the US, obviously, this would have challenges since we are a relatively small group, and very spread out, but it would be nice to be "official" in the US. It seems that everywhere we go, Anthea generates a lot of interest, and I have had several people ask about the status of our breed here. It would be nice to be able to educate and support one another as a group.

Looking forward to meeting other American CsV families!
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:03   #19
Kat

I am definitly still interested in arranging a meeting of all the wolfdogs in the US. I am currently in New York but planning to move to North Carolina. But we are willing to travel to meet up with everyone. I'm sure my boy Elek would be so happy to meet all of his other wolfdogs being that he LOVES to play with other dogs. I would also be interested in starting an "official" club here. I know what you mean about your little girl attracting attention. Wherever we go with our little man, people are automatically drawn to him. They are the most intriguing breed I have ever seen. I think the most important aspect is educating more people about this breed. These dogs are more than just "looks" and require much more than any ordinary dog. These dogs require a lot of time, patience, discipline and love. They are a very powerful breed (moreso than any dog we are used to in the US). My only concern is that a lot of people here in the US, won't be able to dedicate the necassary time to these dogs. I wouldn't want a wolfdog labeled as a "pitbull" here in the US because one got into the wrong hands. Just my opinion of course.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:17   #20
cpw

We are still interested in getting together with the rest of the US wolfdogs. Was hoping for a bigger response, but maybe starting small will be ok. Johns suggestion for a location sounds great to us, but we're in Maine, so pretty much anywhere is a hike. However, we'd be willing to travel most anywhere if there was a get together further away. A breed club sounds like a good idea, but perhaps should be discussed further. We are also concerned about a "pitbull" type designation for the CZWs due to lack of education. Would hate to see what happened to Mr Winder in the UK happen to the few dogs in the US.