Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 10-12-2010, 21:07   #1
Sir Allen

Send a message via ICQ to Sir Allen Send a message via Yahoo to Sir Allen Send a message via Skype™ to Sir Allen
Default A Touching story about a Dog's Loyalty to her person

I dont know if this link is already posted here. Just wanna share it with all of you. More of MARI's video on youtube. I think MARI is a SHIBA INU japanese breed.
Old 10-12-2010, 21:31   #2
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

I read this story in the Japanese news a long time ago..

If I remember right, Mari was found as a stray puppy and kept outdoors because the father did not really like dogs. (common in Japan, sadly). A few years later, Mari gave birth to 3 puppies on the day of the Niigata earthquake.. in this little movie they show the puppies as older puppies, but in real life they were 1 day old.

When the earthquake happened, her puppies could not yet walk nor were their eyes open. Mari managed to escape her collar after injuring herself pretty badly...

The rescuers did leave Mari behind but some time later the family was able to return to their abandoned town where they did find Mari, who did successfully keep 3 puppies alive for 2 weeks (although she became very skinny) probably by hunting small animals herself.

Anyway, that is the whole story as I remember it. It is a nice story!
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 21:48   #3
Sir Allen

Send a message via ICQ to Sir Allen Send a message via Yahoo to Sir Allen Send a message via Skype™ to Sir Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
I read this story in the Japanese news a long time ago..

If I remember right, Mari was found as a stray puppy and kept outdoors because the father did not really like dogs. (common in Japan, sadly). A few years later, Mari gave birth to 3 puppies on the day of the Niigata earthquake.. in this little movie they show the puppies as older puppies, but in real life they were 1 day old.

When the earthquake happened, her puppies could not yet walk nor were their eyes open. Mari managed to escape her collar after injuring herself pretty badly...

The rescuers did leave Mari behind but some time later the family was able to return to their abandoned town where they did find Mari, who did successfully keep 3 puppies alive for 2 weeks (although she became very skinny) probably by hunting small animals herself.

Anyway, that is the whole story as I remember it. It is a nice story!
Thank you so much for the Information Yukidomari. It touches the heart of so many dog lovers.