|
|
|
|||||||
| _Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters.... |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 370
|
So I have a question... Luna was bred and born here in the United States. Her parents were imported and, I believe, were registered with Kennel Clubs recognized by FCI before they were registered with AKC and UKC here in the United States. Luna is AKC and UKC, but it seems neither is recognized by FCI.
If I wanted to go overseas and show her in Europe, how would I be able to do that? And how would she be listed in the database? Would her litter have to be registered overseas or could I single register her as her parents are imports?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Moderator
|
Quote:
The #3, "It is up to the FCI to decide about the registration of dogs born in the USA belonging to breeds not recognized by the AKC". Nothing about procedures, though. Then I found this, albeit about another FSS breed, the Cane Corso, but here it says, "In some cases AKC FSS papers are accepted as well." http://www.canecorsoinfo.org/akc.htm Last edited by yukidomari; 18-10-2010 at 01:39. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 76
|
I see some dogs have two "-" before and after the breeder name. What does this mean?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Howling Member
|
@ Luna's mom...
Until our dogs are accepted into Misc. for AKC, FCI won't recognize them in FSS. FSS is AKC's stubborn way of honoring their reciprocal agreement with the FCI. It's why I keep begging people to register their dogs with AKC, even if they don't plan to breed. However, I think it is possible to register FCI with Puerto Rico, since they are a US territory. I was in touch with their kennel club awhile back, and they said it was no problem. Pete from Blusteel (who owns 2 wolfdogs) was heavily involved with the development of the Cane Corso in the US - she has registered several of her dogs in this way (before they went Misc.). Try getting in touch with her, she can probably tell you more. Marcy
__________________
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."~Henry David Thoreau http://www.galomyoak.com
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Moderator
|
For what I know, CBKC accepts AKC pedigree from FCI recognized breeds.
__________________
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|