Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > Italiano > Allevamento

Allevamento Informazioni sullo selezione, informazioni su cuccioli e cucciolate.

Old 26-05-2004, 18:49   #1
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki
Default Super reproductors - genetic variety

I forgot this theme because it is not so important in other countries but Italy is something special - in your country there are more puppies born than in CZ and SK together but it looks much more worser with the genetic variety.

How it works in CZ and SK...?
Maybe Sarka or Andrea will write you more about it but in both countries are people called "breed supervisors" (Hartl, Soukupova, Dora, Budaj, a.s.o) which watch the development of the breed. In the begining of 1990 it was even not possible to choose a male for your female. You visited just a meeting where f.e. Hartl said to you which male you should use. Later it became much easier because the "breed supervisors" send you the list with 4-5 stud dogs for your females and you could choose. Now it is even easier - you can choose male/males and ask the "breed supervisors" if this dogs fits to your female.
And it is working great because it helps breeders but in the same time it prevents people to use always the same male (it is always very dangerous expecially for a breed like CzW because it is still a rare breed).

So there are no problems in CZ, SK but also in other coutries there is big variety according the born litters.
But in this topic Italy is (was) very bad example - over 50% of the litters have the same father or father from still the same line. Could you imagine how dangerous it is? So far it is going OK, but what will happen if after 5 years it cames up one of this dogs have a very serious illness or genetic disease? For example PRA? Will you remove 50% dogs from breeding?

First we have to remember about the "worth" of the puppies. A puppy from an unique litter is much more worth than a puppy from "assembly line production" . It means a dog (even with some faults) which have an unique pedigree is 1000x better than a nice dog which have 50-60 or 70 brothers and sisters. I don't want to attack owners of such dogs, it is not my goal! I just want to say that for this breed is not important the huge number of born puppies but (behind the character and exterier) also the "exceptional pedigree"...

Second: there is nice "play" by the breeders in CZ and SK, and also other countries. It is not: "catch the most used dog" but "catch the best and less used dog and make the best litter of him". And when I see some last litters in Italy I see some breeders already know this "game"...

Third: Hartl is always saying: "If a male which has breedings rights has no single litter in his life the "breed supervisor" is working wrong." It means - every dog should have at last one litter (if it is possible) because so we can preserve the genetic variety. Of course I'm saying only about healty, standard dogs (althougt it is no problem if a dog have some faults ... but "nobody is perfect").

Fourth and last but not least: I don't understand using of only the same male(s)... I saw on dog shows and also on photos so many nice, interesting dogs living in Italy which so far never had any litter... Maybe some of them don't have beautiful titles or super working exams but they are interesting and worth to use because of good pedigree/nice character/perfect exterieur or some other reasons... It is really easy to have interesting litters which can be important and useful for the whole population...

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote