Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Upbringing & character

Upbringing & character How to care for a puppy, how to socialize it, the most common problems with CzW, how to solve them....

Old 15-10-2005, 22:17   #1
Seijun

Default CZW-"unpredictable and dangerous"???

Was talking to someone on another forum, and was told this:

Quote:
you can own a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog, he has only low % of wolf blood now and still they are very hard to keep, highly unstable dogs, can be very dangerous and can work with only a single owner for the rest of there lifes.
I asked them about this statement, and got this:

Quote:
i do talked to this breeders espesialy the canaan dogs and the Czechs, i personaly know the first breeder to bring them to Israel he lives half an hour from us. more to that i studied this two breeds because we wanted to breed the Czech dogs and after studing we had some secound thoughts and the same for the canaans.
Your opinions? Just from what I have seen, I have never thought of the CZW as being highly unpredictable or dangerous, and I don't see why it would be impossible for them to work with another person at some other point in their lives. A CZW may bond closely with just one owner, but supposing that owner died, I don't see why it would be impossible for them to bond with someone else. Maybe not as closely, but bond all the same..

??

~Seij
Seijun jest offline   Reply With Quote