Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Living with a CzW....

Living with a CzW.... Stories as forewarnings for future owners.... everything about the character of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs

Old 17-02-2011, 19:46   #21
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
The other day I was at the dog-park and a lady asked me what kind of dog our CsV is, and what they were bred for?

I told her they were originally bred by the CS border patrol and she immediately said, "Those dogs are vicious".

Then she said, "Oh, but of course not YOUR dog.... he is nice.."
Well, I can understand her.. If she is from the former USSR... Czechoslovakia was also a communist country, so... Or survived nazis...
There is nothing glorious about the history of our breed. The people trying to escape former Czechoslovakia mostly weren't smuglers or criminals... I do not want to insult the creators of the breed, but at least in Lithuania there is nothing glorious about being a comunist army officer
Yesterday we were celebrating Lithuania's Independence Day (1918 year). When my grandpa (mother's father) was 16, in allready occupied Lithuania, some of his classmates on February 16th rised a Lithuanian flag in their class - all the classmates were takes to Siberia. My grandpa doesn't speak a lot about it, I just know, that on his eighteenth birthday he was too weak to stand up from his so called "bed" - and I am sure they were also protected by dogs. My fathers mother was one of the 9 children - only 3 of them left after the partisan war, and dogs were not on the side of partisans
Some time ago and old man in street said he knows similar dogs (I was with Brukne) - he was a 10 years old jewish boy, trying to "run away" (didn't ask from who, but we can all understand it), the dogs were told to catch him, but did not touch a child...
So her reaction is not strange at all...

Last edited by Vaiva; 17-02-2011 at 19:48.
Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote