View Single Post
Old 24-08-2011, 03:14   #135
Gypsy Wolf

I agree, Taz - the firefighter is DEFINITELY booting the wrong one out! That opinion is unanimous - of course most of my friends are animal lovers, but the bottom line is, the loyalty of another human is questionable whereas the loyalty of a dog? ALWAYS.
Took him to meet the couple who will be fostering him when I go out of town to officiate my baby sister's wedding. He is such an amazing boy - just fit right in like he was meant to be there.
I also got a report from the firefighter - apparently the last time he was fostered there they let him sleep in their bedroom out of the crate and also left him loose in their home when they went out to dinner. Since I have not allowed him to be loose with no supervision I wanted to know how he did. Anything destroyed? Nope. Although he DID learn how to open the door from their house to the garage and left a whole loft of incriminating nose prints on the jeep parked there!
He also was more than happy to snooze the day away with the firefighter and befriended all the dogs in the neighborhood.
So we have some people interested in him who I am planning to interview and make SURE they know, up front, the good, the bad and the ugly so that they will know exactly what they are getting into. Because I see his quirky behaviors as easy to modify I don't necessarily think of them as something that would inspire someone to give him back. Yes, he is big. Yes, he will jump on people he loves in greeting. Yes, he will nip in play. All those things can be fixed, though. I wonder why the previous homes thought it was something to get rid of him over?
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote