View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 02:48   #11
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

LOL - I think wolfdog.org is in violation of the law! Our American flag has been cut diagonally in half and attached to half of the British flag to mark the English section of the forum on the homepage - I am sure my early American grandfathers would be rolling in their graves!

I think - as Americans - maybe we don't see too much of a problem with blending marks on a flag (in violation of flag etiquette, albeit) - since most of us are made up from many nationalities originally. My sister was adopted from Romania in the 90s - we own MANY 1/2 American, 1/2 Romanian flagged/flag colored items - she has citizenship to both countries. I myself am German, Scottish, British and Shawnee (native American). We are really quite proud of our "mixed breed" heritage.

But, I think it's necessary to realize not all nationalities have this heritage, and don't see things from the same perspective as us - which is normal and fine!

In any case, I don't know if mixing all 3 flags together - especially keeping the traditional rectangular flag shape - is necessary, in the context of talking about dogs. With regards to wolfdogs, I certainly don't see myself on equal terms of knowledge or experience as breeders/clubs in CZ or SK, as this flag might suggest. But thank you all for giving me a great idea for my art students on perception of symbolism.