View Single Post
Old 21-01-2013, 22:28   #31
vila

Yes they go in their zoomie episodes in snow!

I also wanted to say that it doesn't mean are dogs are lazy cats and I'm ceratin that a lot of the dogs in that video are also allowed in the house and rest with people

I also know the wolf man - Shaun Ellis, I also read some of his books very closely. Maybe you misunderstood or you need to study his way more closely. He actually would disagree keeping the lives separate. You view your house as your den, but in wolf packs the den is only and I mean only for the breeding female who's about to have puppies, and the only other wolf that's allowed in is the "nanny" wolf, who brings food and looks over the puppies when mamma goes to feed and drink. The decision makers in a pack have no problem sleeping close to one another, but they can at any moment assert themselves as pack leaders. So if you're trying to mimic wolf man, you're actually doing it really wrong. Not to critisize, I'm just saying I read the books and stuff.

Maybe dog whisperer - Cesar Millan is closer to what you're thinking but also he doesn't mind dogs sleeping near to people as long as they are respectful and are invited. For people who haven't achieved total calm submission from a dog he strongly advises that the the dogs are not allowed on the bed, but can sleep beside the bed, so the dog learns boundries.

You need to understand that the Vlcak isn't as extreme as a wolf or a hybrid wolfdog. They can rest indoors and only rest! You can make that decision, but you have to be "fair play" - for example after a long walk or a trip when the dog is really tired you can let her in because you know she will probably fall asleep. But if you let her in full of energy you are setting her to fail.

Last edited by vila; 21-01-2013 at 22:35.
vila jest offline   Reply With Quote