View Single Post
Old 19-01-2005, 23:58   #20
Dharkwolf

Send a message via ICQ to Dharkwolf Send a message via MSN to Dharkwolf Send a message via Skype™ to Dharkwolf

I see you like this sort of thing...

Good guess with the 100 genes/chromosome. Even though the actual number of genes on a chromosome varies widely chromosomes are routinely chopped up into 100 segments for practical reasons (representing the % chance of any two genes on a given chromosome being separated after a recombination event) It would be interesting to see the distributions in the case of an F2 animal who had one wolf and three dogs as ancestors (ie wolfblood 25%) and then to see what would happen to a population of such animals if they evolved for oh say 20 or 30 generations. If you can get that model up, then you can start to do interesting things, such as calculating the chances that a given gene gets selected out of the gene pool if it is actively selected against or that a given gene is lost if it is not selected at all (you will need more info for those things, if you enjoy that sort of thing I can give you input)

Anyhow, thats just me dwaddling I suppose. Nice curves! (note how they are much sharper than your original ones though?)
Dharkwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote