View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 10:34   #21
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek
Upstream Ariminnnum has very nice character but everybody knows that Aron Maly Bysterec, father of Upstream, gives such specific stable characters to his offsprings. I'm sure Mirka, owner of Mery Kysucka hvezda (daughter of Aron) or Saschia, owner of Frei Maly Bysterec (also daughter of Aron) will agree with me. It doesn't have to be contribution of Hasso. And there are much more offsprings of Aron with good, stable character and everybody who saw him working on sleeve during the camp in Slovakia will admit that Upstream is working like her father. I know that some people will never admit that there are Slovakian CzWs with nice character but it is so.
As the owner of Mery Kysucka hviezda, I might slightly disagree with you Przemek. I consider Mery to be very hard to train, because even that she understands many commands and learns rather quick, it is very difficult to get her attention and she hardly concentrates on what she does. She is restless and gets easily excited by minor things into such amount, that she´s not controlling herself. Mery is fourth wolfdog, who ever lived with me and I honestly find her the most difficult and demanding.
If I ever found any drive in her, then it would be drive for food.

If Monika´s Upstream has the same character (which I cannot say, cause I never really saw the dog), then I can only congratulate her on being excellent trainer to manage such a dog well.

But it is also possible, as Saschia says, that Mery with different owner would behave better and be able to pass exams. I still intend to pass some exams with her, but I do not think it would ever be something like IPO.

One of reasons also is, that Mery´s hips are in way bad shape. Which is a trait, that I believe Aron Maly Bysterec gives very succesfully - dysplasia. (just see Aron´s offsprings etc.)