View Single Post
Old 18-11-2011, 09:40   #7
Baz

Please make sure that you're not feeding too much as that can cause diarrhoea as well (remember that the feeding amounts on the dog food packets are guideline amounts only & every dog is different), a little and often (5X per day) is better than 2 big meals. I think as well that a natural diet (eg RAW or BARF) is the best for your dog, but it's not always possible (I drive a truck so it's not practical for me when I'm away working), also it can be more difficult to feed the right amount when feeding a natural diet (especially with regards to overfeeding calcium & phosphorus). I have fed Orijen to my 7.5 month old pup since I've had her & she is very healthy, I'm very happy with it although it is expensive.

Do a lot of research on the internet as well, I would never just listen to any vet's advice about which food to give as they are nearly always sponsored by one or other of the pet food makers. Everybody has a different opinion about dog foods & of course everybody thinks that they are correct . If you do choose to feed dry food then of course make sure it is for "Large Breed Puppies" as this is especially important with regards to not overfeeding calcium & phosphorus.
Baz jest offline   Reply With Quote