View Single Post
Old 30-01-2011, 19:28   #169
admin

I agree that the story is going much to far. It seem there are more and more breeders which do not keep the the FCI rules and breed not purebreed Wolfdogs. I also agree that some people buy suspicious puppies unconsciously and they can be injured by the whole story...

Also other breeders are interested in the results as I get more and more "gossips" that many pedigrees in France are just fakes. Believe me but in many countries there are more and more breeders and owners which already marked the dogs as "Saarloos alike mixes" - they are already called "new French Mutara line".
I even get complains from Czech Republic and Slovakia (from breeders which breed CzWs for a long time) saying that we should not even put such dogs into the database as "anybody can see they are not Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs - they do not look like Czech Wolfdogs".
These are really not words of some "envy" and "jealous" people but an opinion which is loud told in almost all countries.
First good prove: Wolfdogs look ALWAYS similar to their parents, grandparents, grand-grand parents. To change the look you need GENERATIONS. At the moment anybody who breeds Wolfdogs see that a breeder was able to change his "line" to look totally different from any Czechoslovakian Wolfdog and different from the ancestors within ONE or TWO generations than such person can say you only one: IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.
And it is what people say which breed Wolfdogs for 10, 20 or 30 years.

Wolfdog. org still didn't marked the dogs as mixes in the database and we are still waiting for real proves - we will not base on gossips.

It is the fact.

So our goal is REALLY not to blame any breeders or any dogs but you MUST realize one very important thing: we MUST speak about that and we MUST solve this problem. And it should be also the priority for the owners of the suspicious dogs.
Because with the time many innocent people can get HUGE problems.

SO:
Some of the dogs will be tested soon by one on the kennel clubs - we will have the first results. Another tests are developed - there was a DNA project in Czech Republic which showed that it is possible to find out if a dog is purebreed Czechoslovakian Wolfdog or not (we don't even need the blood of the parents). Sure - it is the question of time when we will find out the true. BUT IT WILL BE DONE.
I really warn you: the true will be disclosed. Earlier or later. If there were mixes of American Wolfdogs (Wolves) put into the breed we will know it.
If you are a breeder or owner of a stud dog and you KNOW that your dog is really not purebreed - please do not breed it. It is for your own good. Because if you know that your dog is a mix and you will breed it - when it will be discovered than you must count with the possible compensations which will be asked from the puppy owners and breeders which buyed a dog from you.

WHY? Because all such not purebreed Wolfdogs will be "punished" (it is not new - there were hundreds of German Shepherd Dogs which lost the pedigrees after SV discivered that the pedigrees were fakes). If we will get proves (it doesn't matter if this year, next year or in 10 years) ALL DOGS from the suspicious lines (ALL OFFSPRINGS of the discovered mixes) will be marked as "mixes" and in the database will be showed a warning "DO NOT US THE DOG FOR BREEDING - it is not Czechoslovakian Wolfdog". Many innocent owners will discover that they own not a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog but a simple mutt with worthless pedigree.

Time do not count here - it will be done even if 100 or 200 dogs will be removed. Because cheating of the pedigrees and all kind of not allowed mixes (with White Shepherd Dogs, with Saarloos, with American Wolfdogs) will be not accepted.

I hope you understand what is going about. I REALLY would like to be wrong - but everything speaks against these dogs. I didn't get even ONE email from a Czech or Slovakian breeders protecting them and saying that the look of the dogs can be "possible". I get many emails saying that I have to remove the dogs from the database and other which are sending me ID of dogs which I "have to mark as a mix". I have not done this now. I do not care what some people say. But they show REALLY good arguments which make me to think about it.

But we are REALLY on the same side: Wolfdog.org want know the true, breeders want to know the true, clubs want to know it and you for sure also.

What must be done now is: we must find out the possibility to solve the problem. Parentage DNA tests are nothing worth here as they are easy to cheat. So everything must be done on a official way where none reservation are possible. I hope you will help us to find a good solution. Is there a commission by you breed club or by your kennel club with deal with such cases?
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote