Thread: What is this?
View Single Post
Old 15-02-2010, 10:48   #64
Rona
Distinguished Member

Sorry for OT, but I would like to make a point here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
2- Bad words are not well tolerated here and you can get banned if use it often.
Personally, I don't tolerate such rude behaviour at all. If somebody uses dirty words more than once when addressing me (in reality or in Internet), I put a private ban on him and don't see him, nor read any of his/her posts! There is a very useful function on worlfdog.org that makes posts of such person invisible! Great relief, belive me!

Aggression always starts with words (in linguistics called ACTS of speech) and leads to violence and eventually... to fighting, wars.

Psychologists proved that only mentally weak people swear (even if they look big and strong or even... walk with wolves ). People who have strong personalities and "class" can control not only their behaviour but also language and have other means of verbal expression. Swearing means: "I have no arguments so I have to bully".

I don't know how many of you share my opinion, but if we start tolerating verbal bullies here, in no time wolfdog.org will turn into sewage pipe. My British grandma ofen used a proveb "birds of a feather flock together" - why don't the bulies "flock together", but ... somewhere else.

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote