View Single Post
Old 17-07-2011, 16:54   #89
r0d

wolfin: you're welcome

Jennin Lauma: i said it a lot of time when i was at the WDS: dogs shows are not a place for... dogs
I don't like dog shows in a "dog point of view" but it was a good way for me to meet a lot of people in 2 days, people i speak with since a long time on the forum. At the WDS there was dogs and people i wanted to meet.
Of course i prefere seeing dogs runing in the woods.
I know some of the dogs that where at the WDS in a different environnement (i mean walking/hiking/playing/spending time with them).
I didn't recognize some of them when they where in front of the judge.
In that way i understand when you say "the whole dog showing system should be changed into a totally different from what it is".
Not just about how a dog is judged, but also how it spend his day at the show because is so sad...

One day i will have to bring my dog at a dog show in order for him to be confirmed (i'm not sure the word is correct but i mean they will say "this dog is ok for breeding" (or not...)) but i won't bring him there with a lot of joy knowing what a day for dogs in a show is...
But still... it will be the "best" way to show my dog to other breeders and to meet other breeders and others dogs (because i want to adopt one more ).
I'm not sure if i'm really clear

I don't like dog shows, but i haven't found a better way to meet so many people and dogs in only one or two days.
But for sure, the day i will bring my dog in a show i will hate shows a little more...

BTW i love your dog called Perro
r0d jest offline   Reply With Quote