View Single Post
Old 24-02-2010, 18:47   #36
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

To tell the truth, different view in different countries because of different situations.
Here we have a tons of mutts wandering in the street, getting crushed by cars, poisoned or dying from diseases, often these mutts are responsible for some different kinds of zoonosis.
Most part of our people with medium/low (also high sometime) class are completly ignorant, wich loves to make non planned litters matting his own dog with the neighbor ones because they look like a breed dog, the puppies born, they sold for a low price or change for eletronical equipments, and if they dont find homes for all pups the remains go to street, increasing the number of mutts.
Also we have here a nice problem with Piometra, most of the non neuthered females will have such problem sooner or latter, mostly of the owners wich have non-neuthered dogs does not know about it and commonly only note the piometra when its too late, it when people didn't tried before some kind of "natural medicine", "pray" or something more vague for try to cure the dog.
Of course we know the problems that comes with the castration, principaly the early one, but in the campaign its simply "forgoten" for God sake , as if we start to bring fair informations about neuthering a dog with the positive and negative sides, everyone will only look at the negative side for dont neuther the dog and continue to bring more dogs lost in this world, after make his female suffer and die because of piometra wich the irresponsible owner was unable to see when is irresponsible enough to dont search for a vet (becuse his grandmother knows how to cure it).
So here you have everyone pro castration, dogschools, vets and owners, particulary I neuther all my dogs when they will not be used for breeding after they reach 18 months, i'm also completly pro the castration of elder females, when they will not be used on breeding anymore as a way to avoid problems (hem.. principaly piometra, I swear i'm not traumatized with this disease but is that here its very common )