View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 00:17   #56
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
I forgot to add that I do not know what "EDTA" is, but I read something now and I understand it to be some sort of anticoagulant that is already in the tube.

Thank you!!!
Purple top tube. The sample I sent for DM to Missouri had to be placed on a (heavy) chillpack, and then insulated according to postal regulation in a box inside a box (one had to be leakproof). I had to send 5 tubes, but I think that was part of the study UofM was doing. It cost me $65 to send the blood from Virginia to Missouri overnight. I think my vet charged me like $15-20 for the blood draw. Vets will often have little insulated boxes and freeze packs that they get with meds that they will give you. I'm not sure if there are any customs regulations related to exporting blood from the US? Laboklin offers a buccal (saliva) test, but it costs more (all testing still done in Utrecht). Maybe it's possible to send these swabs directly to Utrecht instead?