View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 18:29   #25
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
OK, but what happens if they deside to breed the dog anyway ???

What can you do ???

Best regards / Mikael
Here contracts within the US work pretty well, though I'd advise the contracts to be drawn up by an attorney to be safe, and notarized when signed.

I know breeders, some of them my friends, that have confiscated dogs from owners that've bred litters against the stipulations of the contract.

But really the only way to make sure that someone doesn't breed a dog against your contract is to spay-neuter before the dogs leave the house. Pediatric spay/neuter can be done on as young as 8 weeks old.

For popular breeds not lacking in genetic diversity this is not a problem, especially for small breeds which don't have large growth plates which are affected by a regular spay/neuter.

Anyway, I'm not an attorney but internationally contracts can be upheld.. but it would depend on how much money you've got to pour into it. Which is why most if not all of the clients we represent are all huge multi-million dollar corporations.

So rationally speaking, international contracts are not enforceable to the average person on the average income.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote