View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 18:08   #19
draggar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
Of course, these words will not change the situation of Pollux - but maybe other people will read it before buying a "future service dog" from a farm, just because "it looks sooooo beautiful"...
That is Pollux's savin grace - he's gorgeous. Physically he's striking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
I don't think Pollux was ever selected to be a service dog. The lady who originally imported him (with warnings from me, Ed, and Sara against rushing, and how some CSVs just weren't cut out for this type training) intended to train him in Schutzhund/IPO type work.
Much to our surprise he enjoys "the game" out on the schutzhund field. I'm even woring on getting him to bark on command and me might, just might, be able to do a bark and hold someday.

Quote:
Sara originally purchased Luna from me, with the possibility to use her for service, conformation, and whatever type of training suited her (Luna does herding, obedience, a little protection, and she is also in the training phases of service work - and doing well, from what I understand) - but mostly as a loved pet, which she is.
Luna not only exceeded our expectations with her SD training, she far exceeded our wildest dreams, she's doing great and we think she might actually enjoy it, although she won't admit it. SHe did enjoy Cape Canaveral and Disney last month, though!

Quote:
I feel certain that Pollux is not the first CSV with the need to be rehomed as an older dog
Older? He's only 15 months!

Last edited by draggar; 03-06-2011 at 18:16.
draggar jest offline   Reply With Quote