Old 06-07-2011, 22:52   #102
draggar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfin View Post
beter shoot this dog
WTF???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I know you mentioned that you might like to breed from him. Has this guy offered you a pup if he breeds?
Not that I know of but we would not be interested in a puppy. The Luna / Pollux litter was a thought but we are no longer even considering that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
I thought Florida went by percentages - i.e, if a dog is over 75% wolf then it is treated...I think as "medium level" wildlife (not as dangerous as a gorilla, but more dangerous than a tortoise), and has requirements than correspond. All species can be possessed if they are part of exhibition, with a permit, bonds, etc. That is reasonable, I guess, from a legal standpoint (though it is difficult to prove percentages), and in line with most other states. I think most people who own a wolfdog that is 75%+ (with genuine proof) would agree it takes more specialized care than the average dog. It's really a huge question for our breed here, how they will be treated if they came into a legal situation - even with pedigrees. They are the only breed that AKC (begrudgedly) acknowledges comes from recent wolf crossings. Uncharted territory. While AKC does have some legal influence because of the money it lavishes on politicians as a special interest group, it really has no authority. States could potentially ban our breed, because of it's history...it's why I always encourage prospective owners to know all of the laws that could potentially apply to them.
Nope, if it looks like a wolf then it's a wolf in the eyes of Florida law. All the husky owners should be careful now.

http://myfwc.com/license/wildlife/captive-wildlife/

Bottom of section D:

Quote:
Note: Hybrids resulting from the cross between wildlife and domestic animal, which are substantially similar in size, characteristics and behavior so as to be indistinguishable from the wild animal shall be regulated as wildlife at the higher and more restricted class of the wild parent.
draggar jest offline   Reply With Quote