Thread: Tamaskan Dogs..
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:59   #9
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
Interesting to me that the Tamaskan dog thing is causing a flurry... ALL DOGS are wolves, technically, and aren't WE the ones saying that CsVs are DOGS not wolves?
Technically, they are not lying... we CsV folks say that our dogs are dogs and not wolves (and at this point they are all later than F5 generation, so even though we admit recent ancestry to the wolf, they are no longer hybrids), and just as technically, dogs are simply genetically manipulated wolves. Scientifically they have even been reclassified due to genetic study.
So, if they used CsVs after F5, they are using DOGS, right? The only lie, technically, is saying there is no "wolf" in them - as all dogs are wolves... not because of their use of CsV genes...
Personally I would think CsV genes would IMPROVE the breed, but I am biased.
As an aside, really the Sibe and Malamute folks should be annoyed - they were really the first breeds to look wolfy...
im saddened by that comment

im a sibe person too...yes im annoyed and no...sibes are meant to be foxy not wolfy

funny.. in england we have all three of these crosses... all supposedly containing the same 3 breeds all looking completely different...2 of them having csv added then suddenly breed to type!!

i dont want sibes or csv's used in this way
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote