View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 10:56   #31
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
I agree, but who told you that dogshows select really beauty looking at the standard?
What I most see are dogshows selecting by names, politicage and so on, well its not different with the breed and I could proof it.
For some judge a CzW looking like GSD are beauty, so they wins, is that right now? Maybe is also right ugly dogs winning because they have a well known handler?
Unhapply, only a small ammount of Judges get out of the statistic of "judging without have idea about the dog or the breed".
My own experience, other breeds breeder's experience and common sence tells me, that show results also mean something. Yes, corruption happens everythere, but a REALLY ugly or agressive dog most probably will never be a champion of many countries. I really do not know a really nice dog, who would be attending shows and not getting good evaluations, because of the corrupted judges.
I was also asking the president of Lithuanian Cynological Society about the character test that were an obligation for all the dogs some time ago. I wanted to know, why they are not used now. She simply explained that if a dog can pass a todays show with many people and dogs and noise and so on, he would pass that former character test too. So maybe successful attendence in dog shows also shows the dog is at least stable enought not to kill anyone in a new situation? It is not a rule of course, just an assumption. And a little oftopic

By the way, Silvester, you are not the most polite and nice person, aren't you?

Last edited by Vaiva; 06-01-2010 at 11:00.
Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote