View Single Post
Old 22-06-2012, 13:17   #191
Fede86
Entità cinofila da web...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Peronówki View Post

It is no so easy. Look on the example France - even EXPERIENCED breeders who breed there CsW for years already are writing here that the dogs which were mentioned here are purebreed
"Experienced" does not mean "reputable", and I think any buyer, "beginner" or not, should keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Peronówki View Post
even if it is for us OBVIOUS that the dogs are MIXES with FAKE pedigrees.
But that's the point, the cases we can judge, since it seems it's not possible to thoroughly test all the involved animals for DNA, are the OBVIOUS ones, those that don't need proof, just as we wouldn't need any proof to say a Saint Bernard is not a Maremma Sheepdog... Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with marking these dogs.

But what about the others? I personally don't see the point in warning people telling them that this or that dog "may be mixes" because the breeder has an history of mixing or using mixes, intentionally or not, in their breeding program. We can underline the FACTS (look, this breeder produced some obvious mixes), but I believe we should leave the subsequent speculations to those who are looking for a pup to buy or for a stud dog for their bitch. We all have brains. Those who don't use theirs simply don't care and settle for the first affordable pup they find at a reasonable distance from home, but that's their problem. And then there are those who buy a pup just BECAUSE it is a mix, but they don't need any warining

The point is, right now half of the CSW population is marked some way or the other, it's bordering the ridiculous and you know the effect it has in my opinion? It makes people disregard every single one of those "warnings" (even the legitimate ones) because at this point they look just like the product of some sort of paranoia. It makes you feel like nothing on that database is reliable anymore, it's just someone guessing and putting strange "marks" almost at random. I'm not saying it's like that, but that is definitely the feeling it gives me right now, and that probably would give to the "beginner" that may need direction in finding a good pup. I'm just saying that if I had to look for a pup right now I would simply ignore those "warnings" and try to decide with my head and my knowledge which litters deserve to be taken into consideration.

Last edited by Fede86; 22-06-2012 at 13:25.
Fede86 jest offline   Reply With Quote