View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 22:31   #114
Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sona_Bognarova View Post
Let me explain why it makes difference under what body a CSW is registered: The current more or less unified compliance of the CSW population with its standard has been achieved throughout many years of work - achieved by education of the breeders and owners and above all, by SELECTION of individuals approved for breeding. Member organisations of FCI were the first and still have been the leading ones in introducing the breeding rules, such as health tests, bonitations, trials and hopefully DNA tests very soon too. Too often the owners of the dogs that were not approved for breeding instead of accepting it as a healthy decision for the breed decided to have their dogs registered elsewhere and cheerfully commence the breeding, with no checks, rules, conditions. I see it as a step back, if not against... That's why dogs with pedigrees either issued outside FCI or unfortunately even by FCI but coming from a questionable kennel are not a choice for a responsible breeder. The conditions for having a CSW approved for breeding are meant for a desired development of the breed and avoiding or even bypassing them usually is fishy...If those pups here in Australia are disexed, most probably it is better. But as a principle, once again, I would love to see CSW introduction in Australia as transparent, positive and with the best potential to become as popular as anywhere else. This is not a personal war against one breeder or one litter, this is a deep concern about the future of this fantastic breed, can' t you really see it?
Hi Sona, yes I understand what you're saying. I know it is very important to establish the breed with dogs from FCI registered breeders, that have been approved for breeding.

Th dogs here in Australia now aren't going to be used to establish the breed. They're just pets. My main argument was that people on this forums have been saying that they're mixes, but they haven't provided proof. Then I've had people call me irresponsible for owning them and accusing me of not caring about the breed.

Also I don't know if you've seen their pedigree. But it's not that bad, there's only a couple of dogs on the fathers side that aren't registered. Definitelely not enough to say that they're not pure, given the non registered dogs have registered parents.
Pedigree- http://www.wolfdog.org/site/dbase/d/14945