View Single Post
Old 16-03-2012, 11:53   #85
Morian

Send a message via Skype™ to Morian

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
Morian you will find out that the kind of people that want petwolfdogs of beautifull wolfish look simply donĀ“t understand what working abilities mean.
first. i don't mean working abilities, the standard does. and second. ability doesn't mean diploma. dog must be able to work, but nobody is obliged to. by the way. not too long ago i heard something very funny from some breeder. he told "we breed WOLVES, which must look wolfish, must not bark and work like gsd" i wonder why do they need csv for this, the breed created for "upgrade" of working abilities, endurance and health of gsd. i don't want to say that csv must work like gsd and this is the main point, i like wolfish csv too, but we must remember about the standard which takes into account both things - and temperament/working abilities, either wolfish look. it clearly describes typical temperament and exterior both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
And I am afraid but I think we already lost the battle against the selfish people looking for an exotic dog to show of. We will loose another working breed to get animals that are abused for selfish reasons.
this is really sad, i'm agree with you. many people are "purchased" by exotic look, they don't know and don't care about other sides of the breed which are not worse than just wolfish look. now i have pups and 99% of people name exterior only when i ask why csv. but i still don't think that working dog must look ugly but we have what we have. some people care, some don't. i wonder about another thing: why dogs which don't not meet the standard are still called csv, used in breeding etc. i don't mean demoniak or other mixes only, i mean all dogs which "don't fit" - shy dogs, "plant-alike" dogs, dogs with serious discrepancy in the exterior etc. but this is a rhetorical question, oh yes.