View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 17:02   #34
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
I can speak only about Lithuania, but yes, the HD and ED requirements are the same. The puppies won't get the pedigree in other case. Also the breed club has a right to make their own requirements and recomendations (like bonitation, PRA tests etc.)

I also have a question about the health tests. Of course, you have to make HD, ED, PRA, but what about some other tests, like common blood test, biochemical tests for liver, kidney etc. Does anyone do it before breeding?
DNA test hase become popular fore all breeders in Sweden the last years, but there are no roles that you must yet... But DNA test on dogs are fairly new, I hope that it will be a requirement in the future, but still it is expensive to do and all DNA tests has to bee done individual, and cost extra fore every test result, there fore the breeders (only) test fore common diseases this far or diseases that thay know are in there blood line.

Regards / Mikael