View Single Post
Old 13-09-2010, 07:22   #39
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
. No guarantees, replacements or "please send back if you can keep it" clauses. I have yet to find a breeder overseas with a contract.
Sorry but this is simply not true. It depends on the country and the breeder, I am sure that there are also US breeders without contract.
In our contracts it is clearly stated that the dog has to be offered to us if it can´t be kept any longer and that we will find another owner if we can´t take it back ourself. In the German contracts we did also put fines of several thousand Euros on giving the dog away without announcing to us and to breed it outside the FCI.
As for the puppy from our kennel we did send to the US, I think we didn´t really send cotracts back and fro but we had a good contact to the former owner for a very long period via mail and phone, she was an experienced owner with already another wolfdog who kept contact and gives us updates every now and then. As I have no possiblity tho upheld any contract in court I didn´t bother too much but I wouldn´t sell a puppy overseas not knowing the person since quite a time and making clear that we will take any puppy back if necessary.
And I know that almost all German breeder do the same.

As for guarantees, this is a living creature what guarantees should be given apart from the health status at the moment of selling, wormtreatment, vaccination and chip? You can´t do more than choose the best parents you can find.

Ina

Last edited by michaelundinaeichhorn; 13-09-2010 at 07:31.
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote