View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 04:58   #117
Gypsy Wolf

You can view me however you like - we took Pollux on to foster and place as we feel a commitment to the breed as well as really liking the dog himself. Despite skittishness, he really has a very unique, funny and sweet personality. As I mentioned before, we have been involved in fostering and placing rescue dogs of other breeds and have homed upwards of 16 dogs. I personally have always felt not only as a breeder, but as a steward of a breed, you owe it to asist in rescue efforts. For those who are so critical - do you rescue or just criticize those who do?
I am happy to report that Pollux has found his forever home, and that he (and we) met some interesting people who also generously gave of themselves for his sake.
A firefighter was the first to want to adopt him - a local home and a perfect owner for Pollux... however, the firefighter's girlfriend was not such a fan, so Pollux was returned. The firefighter was so committed to Pollux, however, that until Pollux was adopted, the firefighter would come over on his days off and take Pollux out - to Starbuck's, to run around at the park, to visit people - great for Pollux to get out and socialize.
His forever home found him just recently - a police officer and his wife - both of whom were totally committed to Pollux. The police officer grew up with a 3/4 Timber Wolf/GSD mix so Pollux's wolfy shyness didn't bother him at all. The wife was also not at all worried about any of the skittishness - and I made sure they both knew all of Pollux's "strange" habits/behaviors before they took him home for a "trial period"... The home is local - which is great as I was not only able to personally verify the home, but also return to give lessons to help him settle in.
I am happy to say that Pollux fell in love with his new people and is VERY happy being an "only dog." He bonded with them very quickly - and they love him completely - quirky behaviors and all. He will be neutered and is a very-much-loved pet - climbing into their laps and kissing and just so happy to be somewhere where he is not expected to be anything other than the goofy sweet puppy he really is.
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote