Thread: CSV puppies
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 15:04   #1
thejoker

Default CSV puppies

Good afternoon everyone.

This is my first post on here so please be gentle!

My name is Matt and I live in a lovely rural area of England right bang in the midlands. There is myself and my partner, and our two fantastic husky dogs, Keffie and Keeki. Keffie is a wolf grey and white, blue eyed boy who's fairly large and bulky and is a fantastic puller. Keeki is a sable and white, brown eyed girl, who's very leggy and slender and a really capable runner.

My interest in sled dogs has grown into an interest in breeds further afield and after talking to a friend (who's a keen racer with an amazing pack of dogs, one of which is a CSV) I've developed an interest in the CSV. He's advised me that breeders here in England and maybe not to be trusted and also that the CSV is not a recognised breed by the English KC. He has therefore advised me to try and look into options in buying a puppy from abroad, and one which would be FCI registered.

As a starter, can anyone offer me any advice into any reputable breeders who would be worthwhile contacting to get some feedback and advice into the breed and also to get some information into purchasing from abroad and importing? There may well be someone on here who could even cover all these things as well who would like to reply? If so please feel free to reply here or by PM.

Thanks all for reading!
thejoker jest offline   Reply With Quote