View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 10:29   #1
michaelundinaeichhorn

Default handling of health problems

Due to the discussion yesterday and Mijkes new post, with which I totally agree, I would like to get some opinions.

First, now I communicated with some people I regret that I even answered to Monika and forced her to tell names, I do and did apologize for that.
My motivation was that I was extremely fed up with the kind of people that always seem to need to blame somebody, mostly with wrong accusations.

They ruin the name of kennels, a lot of gossip is done behind backs not only openly here, and they prevent more responsible people to speak openly about occuring problems and make the prevention of problems close to impossible, at least very difficult.

Communicating with two people I had to realize that the dwarf problem is much more spreaded than I realized it was. The dogs I new of before weren´t very close related to our kennel what was the reason, together with having no problems of this kind, why I always wanted to do the bloodtest but there was always more urgent matter to do before, we have been extremely buisy the last year. Now I got my kick in the ass and will test our dogs in breeding.

And that is the reason for my post here, I am sure that very many people don´t realise how close the problem is to their own dogs. Though I know the problem of naming dogs only too well and of course will respect the wish to stay quiet I am not really sure if this is the best way to go. I know only too well out of own experience how awfull those gossip-spreaders are but on the other side I think more dogs would have been tested till now.

Though I truly respect the right of free speach I more and more think that it would be better to exclude people that proofed to be not able to use this right in a responsible way and misuse it for accusations out of forums like wolfdog.org. We need this forum for international coordination and information, it is misused to discredit people by a very few, in the English part by two people. That makes it impossible to use it to open information and discussions. Though most of us including me are not innocent of talking about others there is a difference in quality in making wrong accusations or asking "innocent questions" with the goal to miscredit persons or a kennel, implying there is a problem that is hidden, to for example asking why a dog is not x-rayed in its own country or why special pairings have been made. The letter can be explained, the explanation can be accepted or not but there are true facts to talk about.

So I would be interested in your thoughts about this matter. I don´t have to decide anything - and don´t want to, of course I will respect the decisions made by the people in charge. I am just curious about other opinions.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote